The Beginning/The Beginning Happenings.

An alarm clock blares in the distance, a hand pushes it silently, and the person sneaks out of their window. The house is just by the forest, the freedom, in the persons grasp, but unable to explore it. Until tonight.

The forest had always been told as some scary place, a cult or two in the woods, monsters, but worst of all, a violent blood stained camp in the heart of it, where kids act like savages away from civilization. The "worst" of the forest, capturing this persons attention, she was a kid. So she could join them, right...?

Nobody would notice her. Nobody would notice a minor city-folk running away, from all the stupid rules and regulations. Maybe being a Barbarian out in the forest wouldn't be so bad compared to this. Everyone who disobeyed their parents would disappear or have to go off into a correctional facility, the girl didn't know, nobody hardly came back.

She was running, not because she broke the law, or made her parents upset, or broke the tiniest most forgettable rule, she just wanted to find the camp of so called savage kids.

As she kept pushing deeper and deeper into the forest, she could hear the alarm bells going off, a symbol of a kid acting up, or running away. Either way, the bells were her doing. But, she wasn't worried. She would be in the heart of the forest and find that majestical adult barren camp by sunrise, or so she thought. 

First, she had to make sure someone didn't back out on her plan first, but she couldn't go and see if she was coming, the guards were on alert, she couldn't risk going back now.

Deeper.

Deeper, and more deeper, leaves filling the open area.

A faint and subtle crunch, her friend arrived.

She turned around to see her friend, Lychee. Sure, it wasn't a normal name, but Lychee wanted to be called that instead of the name their parents gave to them, Lychee often complained to her about the name 'Melody being forced upon them' whatever that meant, the girl wasn't sure about what Lychee's pronouns or even gender was. So, she had to just follow Lychee's preference of They/Them, which confused her, but she was getting better day by day, it still amazed the girl at the concept at the same time.

"I'm glad you waited for me, it was hard getting out of there. The alarm blared sooner then expected, sorry Cara," Lychee said following her into the forest, to run away from the city forever.