No. 1: Painful past

"Just one push, darling. I know you can do it," he supported his wife and held her palm tightly. Darkhaired man watched his wife giving birth to their little daughter, heart full of pride and happiness. Waiting nine months, doing absolutely everything for his woman but can't say anything. Best nine months for him to be honest. He loved taking care of her and baby. Every day when he gets home, he said hello to both of them and stroked swelling belly. He was singing lullaby to their bean every night, talking to her and saying she is his strong bean and how proud he is of her.

Brunette screamed and pushed one last time before baby's cry filled the room. The man was so happy, was so amazed and proud of his wife that he thought he may explode with feelings. But not long after, nurses and doctors pushed him out of the room, telling him he can't be there. When he looked behind his back, he saw his wife had closed eyes and wasn't breathing. He knew how bad it is after that, that his wife is near death.

He sat on a plastic's chair, his head between his shoulders. He wasn't a Christian, but he prayed for his wife. He prayed for her life because their daughter needs mother, not only father. Also, he needs her too. She was his life, his home, his everything and he didn't know how to make it without her. They been married almost five years and finally having baby. And now God decided she must to go? It wasn't fair in his eyes. What did he do wrong? What did he do so bad that he's losing his love?

His heart was pounding so hard, palms were sweating and trembling, and his breathing was short and shallow. He was all alone in the corridor and slowly losing his mind. Nobody walked out, nobody reached for him. He didn't know how much time has passed. Ten seconds? Ten minutes? He didn't know. Darkhaired man just wanted his answers if his wife is still alive or not. He just wanted to know, eased his mind.

And he completely lost it when nurse stepped in front of him, baby in her arms but sad smile on her face. She didn't say anything, even "I'm sorry for your lost". She knew it was pointless. He lost his wife, and nothing can give her back, not even sorry or any stupid word. Also, he didn't hear anything, like he was deaf. The man watched his daughter, peacefully sleeping in nurse's arms, not knowing anything. She lost her mother right now and she doesn't know it, not having idea about it at least.

"She is," a sob paused him, making him stutter a little. He didn't have any energy to end the question, knowing the truth. His heart was breaking into million pieces, tears started running down his face. He wanted to be strong for his daughter, but everything was too much. He can't find his breath, was even afraid to take his little one, nestle her in his arms. He was feeling so weak, on the edge of break down. However, there was one light in front of him and it was quietly sleeping. Eyes were closed, little snores were heard. The light was his daughter, still without name, still nameless.

"Eira. This is a name she wanted to give her. Eira Disa Mawer," he told quietly through sobbing. And that was it. Newborn's first name was Eira and second one belonged to her mother; she's name was Disa. Beautiful brunette with bright blue eyes, full lips coloured like bubble gum and button nose. She had curvy body, a little overweight, medium height and strong legs. When she was dressed in dress, he was absolutely gone for her. Such a lovely woman and now, she was gone.

„Hi, Eira. Welcome to this world," nurse whispered and smiled at her. He took her carefully, arms still trembling. He couldn't see well because tears were running and running down his face, but the feeling of having her close to him was wonderful. He looked at his wedding ring, wiped tears and smiled at his newborn baby. He can't wait to see her grow up to full beauty like her mother. He believed to it, that she is after mother, have her features.

And now, four years later, it's became true. Eira have mother's straight brunette hair but his chocolate-coloured eyes. He didn't lie to her when she asked where her mother is. He told her the heart-broking truth, but Eira took it and came to terms with it. He saw her tears, how hurt she was, but she made it. She was still the sunshine how he remembered her. Smiling at everything, everyone, was still the curious child who wants to know everything.

Also, she searched for his father's love. She saw how much pain he carries and heard how he cried nearly every night. And one time, when she discovered her teacher in pre-school has a crush on him, she goes for it and made her mind to put them together. Maybe a little accident isn't bad, is it? 

‼️ WARNING: I'm so sorry if there are mistakes. 'M not a native speaker but just wanted to gave it a try. So some feedback will be great. Thank you so much for your understanding. ‼️

Published: 11.12. 2023