Act 2: Happy Together

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. I look at a picture of me and Atra. It's been 7 years since we have seen each other, and I do miss her. It's 2005, and honestly, this was kinda my year. My room was the garage that I turned into a room after the twins wanted their own rooms.

Obviously, one of my walls is the garage door, which is fine. Nothing is on that wall. The wall where the door to the house is are a few posters. The posters are My Chemical Romance Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, Beast Wars: Transformers, Gundam Wing, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, and Godzilla 1954. Yes, I am an anime nerd. However, I really don't care if anyone knows because I'm Dead-End and I can do whatever I want. At the far corner is my desk, along with a dresser with my clothes and a pile of jackets. Next to that is a hamper for dirty clothes. My bed is next to the desk and in front of it is a TV with a Playstation 1 and 2, both a NES and SNES, and a two book shelves one has my comics and novels. While the other has my manga and light novels. Also, around my room is shelves with action figures I've been collecting.

I grabbed a white button-down shirt, a black blazer, and gray pants with a red tie. I throw them on the bed. I leave my room and enter the kitchen and see my mom, Edna Ryan, making Jiffy blueberry muffins. Damn, good muffins. "Morning mom." She sees me. "Morning Craig, I'm making muffins." I makes myself a cup of coffee. "Are the twins awake?" I asked. "They should be soon."

My younger brothers James and Eugene are twins, and no, they actually don't look alike. Also, no thanks to them. we kinda got kicked off the bus. Speak of the devils, they enter the kitchen dressed for school and everything. "Still not dressed, Craig?" James asked. "No, not yet." I finished my breakfast and got ready for school.

I grabbed my black North Face messenger bag and headed out the door. I normally walk to school, which pisses off my mom, but it's not like me and the twins go in the same building.

I go to school at Diesel Academy. It's an okay high school ironic it's the only school in the Atlantic Cape County that is both a high and junior high school. Plus, it wasn't far from where I lived, so that was easy "yes" for mom.

I accidentally walked into someone. I help pick up her books. "Sorry I wasn't paying attention." She looks at the person, and I see Atra. "Atra?" She looks at me. "Craig?" She looks the same as she did 7 years ago. Well, minus the school uniform with her blazer unbuttoned like me, but she has a Gryffindor pin. Never know, she liked Harry Potter, although it was 7 years.

I give her book back, and she puts it in her dark blue North Face backpack. "Oh, you and I have the same brand." She looks at her bag and my bag. "Oh." She cheeks turned red. "That's kinda cool." Is she being shy? That's new. It could have something to do with the fact that we haven't seen each other in seven years, but I'm not being shy. So it's something different, but it doesn't matter.

"Atra, you coming?" One of her friends called. "Coming." She told them. "See you around Craig." I wave to her as she went to her friends. I smiled and went to my class. Be can’t believe it. Atra and me have reunited after 7 fucking years.
***
I smiled to myself. Its great to see Craig again. He looks great, and handsome. Whoa keep your cool Atra. I met up with my friends.

My friends are a one Suki Honda a Japanese American girl like me, she is shorter then I am with dark brown hair thats shoulder length, and Emma Daaé an French girl with freckles and ginger hair, and glasses, she is the tallest of us and more mature. I met them few years ago in middle school right after we moved back to New Jersey but before we moved to the house we are in now. Funny enough I was gonna go here anyway because the middle school I went to didn't have a high school so this was the next best thing.

"Who is that?" Emma asked. "An old friend." "Old friend like old boyfriend?" Suki teased. "What? No, he is, well, no, just a friend."

"This is coming from the girl that took us to see the Rugrats Paris movie." Suki teased. "You both said you enjoyed them." Emma laughed a bit. "Aw Atra, don't get upset, we enjoy hanging with you no matter what it is, plus I did enjoy that one." They soon hear the first bell ring. "First bell, let's get to class."

The teacher's pet looks at me like I was a prize. "Hey good looking." What would Craig do. Flirt? No, maybe his type of remarks might work. "I will shoot you with a Quasar Canon." He started to laugh. "Don't be silly there is not such thing." I think that was Cheetor's gun in Beast Wars. Can't believe I still remember a thing of that show. "Well if it was I still shoot you." Emma started to giggle. She has never seen me like this before, hope this doesn't change her view on me. Emma went to him. "Hey, I won't mess with her, she more fire then any guy in the county." He looks at me and all I can think is just. Do a cute roar. "Rawr." Emma looks like she is gonna break. He eyes her up and looks back at me. "I'll try again later." Fucking don't.

Emma sits next to me. "Let me guess, you're acting up because of your old friend." Oh no, she knew. Can't deny that might be the reason but also I hate guys that think because I'm a pretty face I'm easy. That's not how asking me out is like. "I mean." "Don't worry, I like spicy Atra, she seems like fun." Yeah I guess she is right.