.

Demersus the Great.

The savior to all.

A light in the age of the dark.

What a lie.

It was all a lie.

______

I sat in my chair by the window, staring out at the blue oasis, as I was swallowed by the voices in my mind. I couldn't pass it off as me being crazy, blaming everything on the invading voices in my head, but the voices were my own, dragging me down further, and further. This isn't that uncommon of an occurrence these days.

I glared at my reflection in the glass. A worn man with a square blue face, bright symmetrical sea green markings, and uneven midnight blue hair glared back. His eyes blazed with a dull fire, tinted by a deep lilac, staring into the depths of my soul. They only served as a reminder of how they used to blaze like an inferno.

 They only served as a reminder of how they used to blaze like an inferno

A knock on the door stirred me from my spiraling thoughts.

"May I enter, or am I interrupting your afternoon brooding?" A muffled voice came through the door. A voice I knew all too well. It was deep, but feminine, with the syllables of words trickling down like honey in your ears. Close to how the DryWalkers described their made up, mythical 'Sirens'.

"Yeah." I replied in a monotone voice, huffing as I turned towards the door. It was probably not the best response, maybe even a bit confusing for others on what I meant, but she would know exactly what I meant. She always did.

The door clicked open, and in popped a light blue head full of short, wavy, coral to pink ombre hair. I could only see her head, tilted sideways as the wall blocked off the rest of her body. She flashed me a goofy grin full of sharp teeth that reached all the way up to the small, pink gills on her upper cheeks, stretching them in a way that almost looked painful.

"Hey." She said with a smile in her voice, "I brought you an 'amazing' gift." She sarcastically remarked, her smile never leaving her voice or face.

"What, Cora?" I responded dully, knowing she wouldn't tell what it was until I replied to her

"What, Cora?" I responded dully, knowing she wouldn't tell what it was until I replied to her. She did this 'to make sure I was still a part of the living' as she would say.