Christmas for 2

A\N: This has been a week in the making, Angels.

My second Designated Survivor oneshot and second Lynn/Mars oneshot, short Christmas centric oneshot, hope you enjoy, Stay safe out there over the holidays, enjoy this DS oneshot Angels.

Lynn Harper wakes up with a smile on her face Christmas morning. She blinks away the sleep from her eyes as she sees her husband on her side of the bed, smiling at her. "Merry Christmas, babe." Mars says as she sits up in bed and leans down to kiss him. "Merry Christmas." Lynn replies as she pulls away and slips out of bed. 

She lets Mars take her hand and lead her slowly downstairs to their living room where a small pile of gifts sits underneath the white Christmas tree. She groans as she sits down by the tree. "You okay, babe?" Mars asks her, Lynn smiles reassuringly as she looks at him, nodding. "Yeah, fine." She says as she leans against him. She picks up a wrapped box and hands it to him. Mars looks at her with a smile on his face. "Babe you didn't need to get me anything." He protests, Lynn chuckles. "Just open it." She orders her husband softly. 

She watches as Mars unwraps the box and opens it. She got him a new watch. "Thank you, babe." Mars says as he kisses her before handing her her gift. Lynn gasps as she looks from the present to her husband. "Y...you didn't?" She asks as Mars nods his head, chuckling a little. 

She can't believe it! He got her a purple diamond necklace. It was the one she wanted. He takes the box from her, takes the necklace and sweeps her hair over one shoulder and fastens it around her throat. 

She kisses him deeply before pulling away. "Thank you." She says softly. "You're welcome babe, now I need coffee, can I get you anything?" She nods and tells him that she'll take a coffee. Mars gets off the floor and goes into the kitchen to start making their coffee. She leans against the back of the couch and watches as her beloved husband makes their coffee. She's been lucky to still have her husband, after everything she's put him through the last year. She's lucky he stuck around and always will, unless she relapses and he leaves her.

The smell of coffee and hazelnut fills her nose. She looks up and sees her husband holding two cups of coffee. Her husband frowns softly. "You alright, babe?" He asks as he hands her a cat mug of coffee. She takes the mug and wraps her fingers around it, taking a sip. She gives him a smile over her cup which he returns. Her coffee is perfect, like it always is when he makes it. She's glad that Mars gratefully declined the invitation to spend Christmas Day with the President, his two children, the Vice President and his girlfriend. They like to spend the holiday just the two of them.  

Lynn breathes heavily after her husband made love to her three times. "Thank you for a Christmas just for us." She says breathlessly. Mars just kisses her mussed blonde hair as he pulls her closer to him until her head is on his naked chest.

"Anything to make you happy." Her husband replies. They're both quiet, Mars is running his long fingers over her bare shoulders as she traces patterns on his bare chest, basking in the afterglow of their lovemaking. 

"You remember our first Christmas night?" She asks as she looks out of their bedroom window with a smiling painting her face. Mars chuckles, obviously remembering the first Christmas together. "Of course I do, I surprised you with riding and we spent the night in the field not far from your house so your Dad knew we were safe out there. We spent the night in the field and that was the night I knew I fell in love with you." He tells her quietly. She looks up at him, she had never known that was the time he fell in love with her.

She smiles as that night in the field washes over her.

The horses are grazing by the tree they're tied to while she and Mars are lying on a blanket, looking up at the stars. It's winter, Christmas Day night to be exact, but it's warm thanks to the large coat she received from her father this morning and Mars lying directly beside her. Both her and her boyfriend are quiet, watching as the stars glitter like little dots in the dark sky.

"Beautiful." She whispers, she's always liked watching the stars at night. She sees Mars looking at her with a fond smile on his lips out of the corner of her eye. "Yeah, it is." Mars says quietly. She giggles as she moves closer to him and puts her head on his chest and closes her eyes. It's been the best Christmas she's had in a long time.

She comes out of that memory with a smile. At that time they hadn't been together long and he already knew her better than the people who knew her her whole life did.

"Thank you." She says as she kisses him. She kisses him deeply before the need for air becomes too much and she pulls away from her husband's lips. "Why are you thanking me, babe?" Mars asks. Lynn smiles. "For loving me despite all my baggage." She explains like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Mars rolls his eyes as he kisses his wife's forehead. "You don't ever have to thank me for loving you, Lynn." Mars says before he flips them over so she's underneath him, smiling as he kisses her again, preparing for the fourth round of lovemaking.

The best Christmases she enjoys are the ones she spends alone with her husband. 

A\N: This is longer than the handwritten draft. This is out just in time for Christmas, I just have one more Christmas oneshot which is an Emron fic. I hope you enjoy this Lynn/Mars Christmas oneshot and are staying safe out there, Angels.