Sweet 16.

"Oh Mai Lawd! I can't believe you're turning 16! It's gonna be so much fun when you get your car!!!" My Bff Angie exclaimed when I got to her house.

"Whoa! Calm it down a notch." I tease her. Angie had long red hair, green eyes, and a BIG mouth. I swear, that girl couldn't keep a secret to save her life! But we'd been friends for years now, and we were literally inseparable. Or so I thought.

"So what are you thinking of wearing to the party?" She asked me.

"Umm..." I replied honestly.

"No! You haven't chosen an outfit yet? Goodness, girl. I knew you were spacey. But not that much! It's your sweet 16 for lords sake!"

"I figured I'd just come up with something. You know I always do." I say. We had somehow made it to her kitchen, arms linked.

"We are SO going shopping." She said, so sure of herself. "And no buts! The party starts in what? Six hours? So I should be able to book you a hair appointment. We can go shopping and... EWW! Is that NAIL polish? No. You're turning 16. You're no longer a little girl, plus, I hear Jimmy has his eyes on another girl. You gotta beat the competition before he dumps you! Come, get your butt in my car." She said grabbing her keys and pulling me.

"But we just got here-" I complained. There was NO stopping this girl. She was going on and on and on. Did she ever take a breath?