1 | The Letter Arrives

𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖈, 𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖙 

────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹────────

Some of the most poisonous people came disguised as family.

Esmerald Rosalie Potter would know.

It had been ten years of living with the Dursleys and despite not remembering the first few years of her life in exact detail, Rosalie could say that not much have changed. The Dursleys continued to treat the Potter twins in a particularly horrid manner, making Rosalie wonder at times how different the situation would be if their parents never died in a car crash.  

Resting Dudley's old story book aside, Rosalie glanced around the packed garage with a bored expression. She knew that the Dursleys were never filthy rich, but the decent sized house owned by Vernon never provided the Potters with a generous living space. All the heaps of cardboard boxes that took up most of the garage space were just a sad remainder of how unwelcoming the Dursleys truly were.  

Interrupting her momentary dissociation, obnoxious voices filled the hallways outside indicating that the Dursleys were back from their little trip to zoo to celebrate Dudley's birthday. 

Dudley's Birthday- a day that Rosalie hated with the bottom of her heart. Why would she not? Starting from a hearty breakfast to a grand birthday cake and numerous presents and wishes and love that Dudley was showered with made her upset.

"A cake? Don't be ridiculous," her aunt Petunia had said on their birthday last year, "Do you even know how much those cost? More than yours and your brother's lives combined."

Rosalie blinked, narrowing her eyes at the garage door leading to interior of the house. She could hear someone harshly pulling at the stubborn door handle that Vernon never bothered to fixed, at times locking her in for hours. But soon enough the door opened, allowing her to see Dudley standing with a towel wrapped around himself. His face was awfully red. Rosalie was not sure if it was because he was just sick, angered or just his usual ugly self. 

She realized that Harry probably did something he was not supposed to (unintentionally) and now they were furious.

"Your brother is a freak," he scoffed, pointing rather rudely in her direction.

"Sounds rich coming from you," Rosalie replied with no real interest in keeping a conversation, "Knobhead." 

Dudley proceeds to utter a comeback but before he could, Vernon walks past him while dragging Harry with him by his hair. Usually when their uncle was angry, both Rosalie and Harry expected to listen to his angry outbursts, occasionally accompanied by smacks but today felt different. Sure he was furious, but so furious that words barely came out of his mouth. He roughly pushed Harry in the direction of his twin, making him stumble right into Rosalie.