Chapter Two- Dragons and Where to Find Them

"So, basically, you found them somewhere in the Wyldness?" Nya asked. "Yep. But they probably won't be there too long. You know, because they and their thugs will probably be searching for the source dragons," Grace replied as she put her cup of tea down. "Then since the Source Dragons could be anywhere, we must split up to stop them immediately in order to save the world again," Zane stated logically. "Yes! Another mission!" Arin said excitedly before hitting himself in the face. "Oww," he replied. "Well then, let's get everything ready. Nya and I will go get the dragons and the bounty ready," Sora said as she walked out of the room with Riyu and Nya in tow. "Okay then. Then we will split up to look all over the Merged Realms to find them before it's too late. Let's go now," Lloyd informs the Ninja. "Ninja- go!" the Ninja yelled in unison before exiting the door to get ready.

Grace looked around in the Ninja's living room. She wasn't so sure about being near dragons. After all, she was a part Oni, and Oni and Dragon are naturally enemies. Grace had grown up in fear of dragons, and whenever she would see the Ninja's dragons flying overhead, she would run inside and hide under the covers. There's no way to change that, it was just how she was taught. She bit her lip. She wasn't sure how she would tell the Ninja. There was no way that they would trust her at all, and if there was a dragon present, it could hurt her due to sensing her Oni side. "Hey, are you good?" Lloyd asked Grace as he reentered the room. "Yeah, I'm fine," Grace replied as she straightened up." You seem a little...off," Lloyd said as he stood right next to Grace. "It's just... I'm not very comfortable traveling or being near dragons," Grace told Lloyd. "Why?" he asked. "I- I'm part Oni," Grace said quietly while looking down at the rug. "You're what?!" Lloyd yelled a little too loudly. "Shh! Don't say it too loud. I'm just worried no one will trust me at all," Grace frantically told Lloyd. "Well, I trust you," Lloyd said with a smile on his face. "I'm also part Oni. And you can just stay on the bounty. But I do have a question... how do you control your Oni side?"

"Well," Grace started. "I've controlled it all of my life. You need to practice and hone it. At some point you will be able to control it and use it at will. In order to do that, you have to balance the goodness and evil inside of you." "Oh, ok," Lloyd said. "Well, I'll see you on the Bounty then!" Lloyd said as he headed towards the secret entrance and went down the elevator. Grace was about to follow when she felt someone right behind her. She could sense it was Kai, because of her Oni senses and the overpowering stench of cologne and hair gel. She turned around to see Kai looking kind of mad. She might have sensed him, but Kai had caught her off guard still. "Oh my FSM!"

- - - - - -

After Grace screamed at him, Kai took a moment to recollect himself. He had heard everything that Grace and Lloyd were saying, because he was standing at the door stealthily. "Listen here, Oni, I don't trust you, not one bit. But you better stay away from Lloyd, you hear me? So don't get too comfortable. You mess with Lloyd, you mess with me, his big brother. I'm watching you," Kai said to Grace in her face before pushing her out of the way to get to the elevator. Trying to process what happened, Grace tried to follow Kai to get onto the elevator on time, but Kai quickly pressed the button to go down, giving Grace the stick eye. Grace sighed. This was going to be a very long trip.

Kai got ready on Heatwave's back with Wyldfyre, still looking at Grace at a distance. Grace felt very nervous. For some reason, Kai was targeting Grace. Even though Kai was not going with Lloyd, he made sure that he could always communicate with him no matter what, he just had to make sure that Wyldfyre, Heatwave, or anyone else didn't get to it. And on top of that, he made sure that there were cameras on the Bounty everywhere. He wasn't taking any chances.

As Grace stepped on the Bounty with Zane, Lloyd, and Arin, she saw Kai pointing his fingers at her. He really had no faith in her, she wasn't like how the Jade Princess was. She stopped making eye contact with him and put on her hood facing a different direction. This truly was going to be hard...

Word Count- 805