Prologue

It was October 13th, 2001

Two individuals were reported missing, several local news outlets covering the topic on their channels. This wasn't an ordinary case as the two went missing without a trace of them anywhere, close family or friends unable to recall where they were last seen. With the lack of clues, authorities were left with nothing to work with. It would only be a few days till further continuation of the search would be dismissed, leaving the families with no answer to where their loved one has gone.

That was almost 6 years ago, but many still talk about it as it's become an urban legend within the county hundreds of thousands lived in. Well, over the years it seemed the whole missing issue would continue, many families would be affected and more and more people would go missing with no answer. The population dropped, once hundreds of thousands..now only thousands. All of them moved to neighboring counties as they really didn't want to risk themselves to whatever unspeakable thing that is causing people to disappear. There were many theories as to why, many speculate it's a supernatural force or a secret organization that is kidnapping people.

It was usually a lot of bullshit, but the remaining residents of the county who decided to stay didn't care. In fact, most stayed for a reason because they believed in none of that crap and that everything was just a rumor. This brings us to where we are today..

It was the summer of 2007.

.

.

.

The door slammed behind him as he let out a sigh. Another long and tiring day, he really couldn't stand it any longer.

"Oh hey, what's up dude? How was work?"

He turned to look at his friend Damien, who relaxed on the couch watching tv.

"Sucked..", he sighed, removing his work hat and then the name tag on his shirt.

Damien chuckled, "Figured you say that. Hey Oliver, since I was bored to death I decided to do something that might surprise you."

Oliver crossed his arms, "It better not have been something stupid. You do realize we still have packing to do..we're moving tomorrow morning."

"Yeah I know, go check your room for the surprise!" Damien put his hand over his mouth to hide his smile.

A sigh left Oliver's mouth once more as he walked over to the door to his room. He turned the handle and looked inside the room to see everything packed up and ready.

"Ta-daaaaaa! I got it all done instead of waiting for you to come home to do it! No need to thank me." Damien smiled.

"Oh wow! This is great actually, now we can have a head start and start putting things in the truck."

The two would spend the rest of the night putting all the boxes in the back of the truck. They put a cover over it and secured it with a rope. After all of that they stood up and watched tv together.

"Man, there is literally nothing on.." Damien flipped through the channels.

"I mean we could always just sleep. I don't see the point in doing an all-nighter." Oliver rested his legs on the coffee table.

"Well I thought it would be fun, plus when was the last time we just stopped and hung out."

Oliver turned to look at Damien, his layered black hair made it hard to see what expression he had on when half of his face was covered in it.

"We always see each other, we literally live in the same apartment and now soon we're going to be living in the same house. What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, it was nothing personal! I was just messing with you, dude", Damien laughed, "I just enjoy the small things y'know?"

"Ah, I see." Oliver looked back to the tv that still showed channels being flipped through. None really caught his attention.

This would go on a few minutes till they decided to leave it on a random channel. Oliver was already tired, his eyes barely staying open. He looked at the tv once more to see what exactly it was showing. Missing report? Like usual. Whatever. His eyes fully closed as he drifted off to sleep.