BMO messed up.

BMO could hear the soft murmurings of Princess Bubblegum and Marceline's voices coming from the kitchen of the Candy Kingdom. They were whispering to each other, clearly talking about something very personal.
Curiously, he crept closer to the door and peeked in, hoping to eavesdrop on their conversation.
He was able to detect the words "secret", "kiss", and "feelings", which piqued his interest even more. 

BMO held his breath as he listened intently to every word that was being said. "But we can't let anyone know," Marceline was saying. "Especially not BMO. "Princess Bubblegum agreed, nodding her head. "We'll have to be careful," she said. "I know, but I can't help how I feel for you. I've never felt this way about anyone else. "Marceline smiled before kissing Princess Bubblegum on the cheek. Princess Bubblegum's face turned red as Marceline's lips met her cheek.

They pulled apart, and Marceline smiled sweetly at her, their feelings now evident.
"I love you," the pink princess blurted out, before quickly covering her mouth.
"You heard nothing," Princess Bubblegum said, still flustered.
"I heard everything," Marceline teased, wrapping her arms around the princess. Princess Bubblegum's heart was racing as Marceline held her close.

She felt so happy to be with the vampire, and now that their feelings were out in the open, the princess was unsure how to proceed.
Suddenly, she heard a soft voice, "Hello? Are you two okay in there?"
It was BMO, and he was standing right outside the door! Marceline and Princess Bubblegum looked at each other in shock.

Their intimate moment had been interrupted!
"BMO, we were just... talking," the princess said, trying to maintain her composure.
"I heard everything!" BMO replied gleefully.
"Oh no, BMO, don't tell anyone else!" Marceline pleaded with him.
"You two are so cute together!" BMO squealed excitedly. "Aww, that's so sweet!" BMO cried, completely giddy with excitement.

Princess Bubblegum could only groan in exasperation.
"BMO, please don't tell anyone else!" she implored again, feeling embarrassed.
But BMO was too excited to listen, and he ran off to tell everyone else about the princess's secret relationship with Marceline. Soon, news of the princess's relationship with Marceline spread like wildfire throughout the Candy Kingdom.

Everyone was talking about it, and it wasn't long before the king and the queen caught wind of it too.
They were furious, and they decided to confront Princess Bubblegum immediately.
"My daughter, you've broken your promise to marry Prince Gumball," the king chastised, his voice tinged with disappointment.
"I... I'm sorry, father," Princess Bubblegum replied weakly.  The queen was livid. "How could you do this to us?" she demanded.

"I... I know it's wrong, but I can't help who I love," Princess Bubblegum said, her eyes filling with tears.
"Well, it's absolutely unacceptable! We'll have no toleration of such abominable love in our kingdom," the king said sternly.
"But father, I love Marceline!" Princess Bubblegum cried out in desperation.