13.ㅤLife of the Party: Ready Players

ㅤ

9 HOURS BEFORE THE PARTY

"Why did you tell Peak?! I told you that this is only between us!" Heeseung shouts relentlessly at Jungwon, whose head now hung low in shame.

They are currently inside Heeseung's office, it was dark and cold. Only the dim desk lamp was ignited, meaning that there are absolutely no light elsewhere.

The rest of the BYSSALS are outside, hunting for rebels. Even Ni-ki is joining. It will only be hours before the party, they need to eliminate as much tainted Anobyssians as possible, and also clean the bloody aftermath.

They wouldn't want the revolutionary welcoming party to be decorated of crimson red, would they?

Meanwhile, Jungwon's heartbeat was rampant, fearing that the president might actually just kill him right here, right now. Jungwon's heart was aching by the fact that he disappointed Lee Heeseung.

"....I'm sorry, it's just that when I left my apartment, Peak was already outside my unit. He asked why I wasn't joining the hunt yet and why I wasn't in my veil and mask." Jungwon quietly explained, hands coming together in front of him, tightly clasped around one another.

And then his eyes traveled towards Heeseung. Again, it was dark, but Heeseung's eyes were reflecting the yellow light from the desk lamp, and it was as like fire in his fiery orbs, one full of rage.

"I swear, Red... He taunted me into talking." Jungwon desperately explained, hoping to still be on the president's good side.

"And I got intimidated... Y-You know how scary Peak can be when he's serious! I was panicking because Hyunjoo knows about Enmascare, she could easily blow all of our covers."

"So, so... I thought I should let Peak handle it, because you have enough on your plate given that the party is just about to start."

Heeseung breathed deeply, to which caused Jungwon to flinch. He then rubbed his hands all over his face, annoyed at the younger's fault.

"What did you not understand when I said no one else must know about this? You aren't like this on the usual, the Ocelot I know just follows orders exactly how I say."

"Out of all people... you chose to tell on Peak. Great, the only one I can't control." Heeseung sarcastically remarked before walking away.