Chapter 26

While walking back towards her room chaeyoung was on the verge of collapsing

While walking back towards her room chaeyoung was on the verge of collapsing.She even bit her knuckle to hold back tears that waited so desperately for release. As a princess she isn't supposed to cry like infront of female guards and it wouldn't do to be seen in such a manner.But she was helplessness, thoroughly ! So, this is what a broken heart truly feels like.Broken was the wrong word for it. It was far too tame. Her heart had been mauled. Shredded. She thought she'd known heartbreak when her father betrothed her to a joseon and her thought of losing prince but that was nothing compared to this devastation. How did one survive such a thing? Did people ever recover from broken hearts, or did they forever remain empty shells of their former selves, pining for the love they'd lost?

Her feet stopped it's movement when she walked inside her room.There she is ! Dae, waiting for her with a curious face.

Dae bore down on her, her face a mask of utmost concern, which piqued chaeyoung's remorse.

"Where have you been dae ? Why did you took this much time?" Chaeyoung rasied her voice out of her desolation.

"Forgive me chaeyoung. please tell me what happened with you ? Why are you crying ?"

Chaeyoung fell onto the settee, pressing her fingertips to her eyes. "You're probably wondering what happened, since when last you saw me everything was fine." Her voice didn't sound like her own; it was a stranger's voice, filled with exhaustion and despair.

Dae at beside her, took her hand. "I saw General Kim Namjoon earlier," her tone was gentle. "He told me you went to Emperor's room? Did he said something to you or misbehave !."

Chaeyoung's face grew even more sober, however she interrupted dae by shushing her talk up in midways"Oh..No No dae. It's not him but I who always misbehaved with him.I made a grave mistake by marrying a man while believing myself in love with another, and I hurted my husband terribly on our first night itself when I attempted to kill him ! I wounded his pride and manliness by pushing him away,by calling him a 'womenizer' I even dared to say his touches makes my skin crawl.I was to blame Dae ! There is no help for it now. I brought this upon myself, and I have to live with the consequences of my actions."

"Why are you talking like this ? I can't understand what's happening chaeyoung.!"

" 'Prince' is not Chenyeol, Dae.It is infact my own husband !! 'Prince Jungkook', was the name which everyone used to call him during his childhood.I was victimized, mislead by that so called Prince, Chenyeol ! A man of no honour ! But someone must have helped him.Otherwise how did he knew those things which you only know, But Who ? .Now I can understand why father had made the choice he had, He knew who emperor was ! " wailed chaeyoung. The mere thoughts of her embracing Chenyeol we're cutting her insides as if they were shards of glass.She felt ashamed and disguised being used by him.

" What !!! Is this true ? God what was I hearing ? I can't believe this !"

"You have to believe this.Because Namjoon himself discolsed everything to me.And emperor too.." Her words trailed off....