Chapter One; The 75th Annual Hunger Games

Four of them sat in a house in the district 4 & 5's Victors Village, eyes glued to the pixels of President Snow.

"As a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of the Capitol, on this 3rd Quarter Quell Games, the male and female tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of Victors in each District."

The house went silent as their minds flashed back to their games. The sight of fellow tributes tied in nets, bleeding to death. Tributes struggling to keep their head above the water then the bubbles stop reaching the surface. The light in his eyes leaving as his nose and mouth are closed shut. The faint memories of fishhooks and screams. The room is filled with the sound of doors creaking, birds chirping outside, and the gentle wind dancing in through the windows.

The four of them look at each other in horror. All of them might be thrown back into the bloodbath arena, all of them might not come out.

Tears began pooling in Annie's eyes as Finnick held her close to him. He tells all of them 'it will be okay' but none seem to hear. Luna stands from the couch and walks towards the window, slowly closing and opening it, hearing the wind stop and start. The familiar sounds brings his face back to her, the colour draining from his face as his body fights for air. The scars on her arms from where he'd scratched her in his final moment seemed to glow brighter. Mags follows her, hugging her from behind and swaying them both side to side whilst humming a soft tune in her ear.

"They can't do this?" Annie whimpered into Finnicks shoulder.

"They do what they want" He kissed the top of her head "but it will be okay. We've all done it once before we can do it again"

"Or we all get reaped and we all die at the hands of a career" Luna mumbled from the window, still opening and closing it repeatedly. Annie sat up, looked at Luna, then at Finnick, tears once again threatening to spill out of her eyes.

"Mags, bring her over please." Finnick asked. She dragged Luna over to the couch and pulled both of them down onto the cushion to the right of him. He put his free arm around Luna, pulling her close to him whilst Mags leaned on her. With Annie on one shoulder and Luna on the other, Finick reassuring all of them everything would be okay, despite struggling to believe it himself.

The four struggled to sleep. Mags stayed with Luna all night after she found her talking to the picture of the boy she was reaped with. All throughout the night she kept muttering to him, but after two years of it, all four of them learnt to never try and stop her.

Over the next two months the four began training everyday. Luna and Finnick were both still in relatively good shape but Annie and Mags struggled to keep up.

Before any of them knew it, the reaping day arrived.