Prologue

"Forget about it." A gentle hand was placed on his shoulder.

"It's too much." He whispered and he closed his eyes. Maybe if he squeezed his eyes shut tight enough he would wake up from this horrible nightmare.

Except it wasn't a nightmare. It was reality.

"You should've just done it..." He raised his voice.

"We all know that it would've led down the same path." Her voice started to get angry as well.

"What's the point?!" He spat at her and walked towards her, pinning her to the wall. Her eyes widened with fury and her face flushed a cherry red, not from attraction, but from anger.

"How dare you think you're not worth a single penny?! Don't you know how many people still care about your value? WAKE UP!" She jabbed her finger into his chest, making him stagger back.

He rubbed his chest and inverted his eye contact from her. He couldn't bare looking into those eyes that took you deep into a forest. So beautiful... so bold... yet still held danger in them.

"It's.. It's complicated. I don't even know what purpose my life contains. Fuck!" He seethed letting go of the woman who slid onto the ground, fresh tears dispersing out of her eyes. He walked over to a vase and smashed his fist into it, shattering pieces of glass everywhere. 

In an instant his knuckles ripped open and blood poured out of it. It dripped onto the grey carpet, though the man took no care of it. 

"Fuck.. I can't even differentiate between evil and good anymore." He sobbed into his scarred hands.

What is this?

What hell am I living in?