Prologue

(Third Person Limited)

Everything is fine. Or it was.
Sarah Hayashi had just gotten to middle school. Sure, middle school sucks. 5th grade was getting you prepared for middle school and middle school was you getting ready for high school.

Walking into those front doors are scary. After summer break, nobody would dare be there. But they had to, of course. You find your class, a bunch of old faces...
Unless you're new.

Sarah woke up on the dreadful first day. It was roughly 7am.
She walked out of her bedroom and brushed her teeth. She went down the stairs and into the kitchen.
"Ready for school?"
She looked at her older brother, Bun Bun. Now, there's only one correct answer to this.
Absolutely not.
But instead, another sentence came out.
"I guess."
"You'll be fine."
That wasn't very.. assuring, was it?
She looked down at her bowl of cereal.
"Right.."
Sarah hesitated, but she picked up her spoon.

——————————————————————————
Everything was okay. Sure there was new things,tests and other things in school but Sarah had friends.
Everything was nice. Talking with friends,having fun, going shopping... hanging with siblings..whatever. But oh. How was she so wrong..
Middle school ain't sunshine and rainbows.
But if everything was going so well, what could have possibly gone wrong?
I can assure you, it wasn't Sarah's fault, but rather society.

"Would you like moving schools..?"
"...what.?"
——————————————————————————-

Author's Note:
231 words(excluding Author's Note)
I know this was a short chapter, but it's just a tiny prologue.
Other chapters will be short, while others will be long. This is better than whatever ugly thing I wrote in December.
So glad I'm rewriting this.