𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Unedited version

All it did was take the sound of the agony filled howl for people to get on their feet and begin running . . . All it took was one simple mess up for them to breach the stoned walls surrounding the Gaduha Palace . . . All in a few minutes , blood oozed its way onto the stone ground , bodies flailed in all directions , screams covered up the howling of the monsters as everything they lived for crumbled right before them .

" Hero ! "

A strong and stern voice called out , though it was filled with pain and worry , aching with the aftermath of the injury inflicted to the man's jaw .

" Hero ! "

His words came out as a raspy gasp as he stumbled over the dead bodies below him , his bloodied sword laid limply in his working hand as he called out again , pushing his vocal cords to its limits .

" Hero !! "

He sucked in a deep breath through his cracked teeth , his body fell forward to join his fellow combrads on the bloodied battle ground , his last breath came out as a shallow cry for help .

The voice was faint , though the young Demiwolf's ear easily picked it up . If he were any normal human , that would have been an impossible task . Upon hearing the second call , he couldn't mistake it , the voice belonged to his bodyguard , the very person he could have sworn he was with just a few minutes ago .

What happened ?

Hero couldn't bring a single idea into his head , his dazed eyes scanned ahead at the fallen debris . He tempted to move his body forwards , though found himself to be stuck under a fallen stone , trapping his tail and both his legs on the ground , forcing him to stay in place as he witnessed another soldier going down in front of his view , it didn't take more then a few seconds for the body to drop dead , leaving no trace of what caused it to do so .

His mind screamed at him to get away , though he knew deep down that there wasn't a single chance , he didn't have the strength to free himself , and his mental capacity was as low as it could get , leaving him to stay within the torn up and bloody area .

Is this where it ends . . . ?

His mind pondered at the thought , and for once he felt a sensation of fear within him . The thought of death had never scared him , instead he would simply bat an eye at it . A deep feeling of regret formed in his chest

Where are you father? . . Are you alive ?

His eyes flickered open again , as if he might see his father one last time before he was consumed within the debris . It was only then did he spot a distant black lanky figure ahead of him , its gaze turned away , though within a split second , its eyes locked onto the Demiwolf .