30 | THE YEARS PASSED

IT WOULD'VE BEEN the day of the reaping for the 83rd Games, if they were still going. If they hadn't started the uprising. If they had kept Coin as president.

But now, this day was like any other day.

Athena woke to the sun shining on her face, it was peaking through the curtains. But the bed was empty beside her, Chy was an early riser, often in the barn with the horses by the time Athena actually woke up.

But her loneliness didn't last long, the sound of three sets of feet running against the floor became louder. Athena smiled as voices soon joined them and three young children ran into the room. One jumped straight onto the bed, another ran in front of Athena's face and the last sighed loudly.

"Sorry, I tried to keep them out."

Athena looked at her oldest son, he had been born soon after they moved to District Ten. It turns out that she had been pregnant during the entirety of the 75th Games and the rebellion. They named him Finnick, both Athena and Chy owed a lot to the man and so were happily set on that name. Annie was also very pleased, knowing that Finnick would've loved it.

Annie had also found out she was pregnant, her son looked so much like his father.

Athena's second child, a daughter, stood in front of her face. She poked her mother's cheek to try and wake her up more. Abigail looked a lot like her grandmother, the woman she was named after, but of course she has Chy's eyes.

The youngest, another boy, Henry jumped on the bed and shouted "mummy" over and over again.

Chy then stepped in the doorway, leaning against it as he watched his wife sit up in bed, grabbing Henry and tickling him as he giggled. Abigail sat on the bed and Finnick just waited. Chy walked behind him, wrapping an arm around the boy and playfully throwing him onto the bed. Athena smiled at her family, grateful for all of them.

Later in the day, the small family had decided to make a trip to see Katniss and Peeta in District Twelve. The pair eventually got together for real and now had two children, only recently though, one was still a baby whereas the other was the same age as Henry.

It was much easier to travel between the Districts now, all you needed was identification. Athena and Chy often travelled to see their friends. Mainly Katniss, Peeta, Annie and  Persephone. The girl had moved back to the Capitol to look after Tigris as she was coming to the end of her life.

Athena stepped off the train, Henry in her arms. Chy was behind her, Abigail was on his shoulders and Finnick held onto his hand. The family began their walk to the Mellark home, which was just outside of the main area of the district. The pair were sat outside of their home, Katniss holding her baby while Peeta played with their eldest, their daughter.

Henry flailed in his mother's arms, wanting to be put down. She did so and he ran towards Peeta and his daughter. Katniss smiled at the two parents, motioning Athena to sit with her. Chy kissed his wife's cheek before following his youngest to Peeta.

Athena sat on the grass beside Katniss, neither said anything for a while, just basking in the sun.

"When do you plan to tell them?" Katniss asked quietly.

Athena looked at her, it was obvious what Katniss meant. When did Athena plan to tell her children about the Hunger Games, about her and Chy's role in the rebellion, about where they got their names, what life is now.

The young woman shrugged. "I'm not sure, maybe when they're twelve. Old enough to understand then."

"How fitting." Katniss chuckled lightly.

When they were twelve, they definitely understood what the Hunger Games were, made sense to tell their children at that age too. Athena placed her hand on her stomach, she had news to share with Chy but for once she felt compelled to share it with Katniss first.

"I'm expecting again."

Katniss smiled brightly at her. "Oh that's great, what do you think it will be?"

"A girl." She rubbed her stomach. "I'm thinking of naming her Lucy."

"That's a good name, what made you think of that?"

"Dallas left a note before he died, it mentioned Lucy Grey. Chy found out more about her, she was the winner of the Tenth Games. She was in love with Snow, and Snow loved her. But she left him, I'm not sure why. I wore her dress for the interview, remember that rainbow dress?"

Katniss nodded with a smile. "I remember, must have really pissed him off."

"We found out more about her recently, the songs in your district? Mostly written by her. She was in a covey, known singer. She was inspiring."

The woman nodded again. "I heard about her, never knew her name, but the music has always stayed."

The two women looked at their husbands and children, Chy did a fake death as Henry and Finnick pretended to kill him. Abigail was speaking to Peeta about the plants as his daughter watched curiously.

"Would you do everything again?" It was Athena's turn to question.

Katniss took a moment to think. "If it meant I got this at the end of it? I would, I'd do it exactly the same."

"It's strange. To think just a few years ago, we were fighting a war and now we're sat here, with husbands and children."

She nodded her head in agreement, looking down at her sleeping baby. "I just hope they never have to go through what we did."

"We'd set the world on fire to make sure they never do." Athena chuckled lightly, watching her family.

"We would."

Their children and husbands made their way over, Athena gave Peeta a quick hug, Chy did the same with Katniss before they all sat down to speak. The children played close by, hitting sticks together and chasing each other.

Athena would risk everything for her family.