Chapter 1: Acquaintances

My mind was blank. I could only focus on my braclet. The white pearl beads, rolling on the thin elestic string. How elegant. I had the lecture blocked out of my mind as I was admiring the bracelet. This was the last item my grandma gave me before her death. I was by her side when she died. I have never cried so much in my life. The one person who seemed to love the me the most, gone.

"Are you alright?" My friend Susan broke my trance on the braclet. I jolted my head up

"Yes, I am quite alright" I whisper-responded, giving her a weak smile as I did.

"Okay, I am right her if you need me" She gave my arm a reassuring squeeze before letting go, just to be interuppted by the teacher who was lecturing us on today's lesson.

"Ms. Pevensie and Ms. L/n. No talking during my lecture. You must need to know about all the mythological creatures for your quiz. To Head Master's office! NOW!" Mrs. Williams screeched at us.

Not wanted to be yelled at more, I took Susan's hand and baisically yanked from her chair and dragged her to the door. I was overjoyed to get out of there, while Lucy wasn't. Her mom was going to be upset with her, I know that's why Su dosen't like getting in trouble. I can't relate because since my Grandma died, who was a widow, I was put into my father's care, who abandoned me and my mom when I was born. My mom died during birth. I blamed myself. Since we are in World War II right now, I am living with no one. I am in a house that seems abandoned because I can't pay for lighting or plumbing because I am too busy with school. My dad paid the bills before he got drafted. He didn't talk to me anyway because of how akward it was. Since I was alone in an 'abandoned' house, no one got notified of me being sent to the Head Master's office.

Susan and I made it to the office, talked to the Secutary about our problem, then sat on the bench by the Head Master's door and waited. As we waited, two familar faces joined our presence.

" Su? Y/n? What got you lot in here?" I looked up to see a boy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes starring at me. We made eye contact and for the split second I blushed and turned my head to look at the boy next to him. It was a boy with dark hair, dark eyes, and way shorter than his brother.

" Hello Peter and Edmund. I can ask you the same question." I replied pridefully, trying to show dominance in our conversation.

" Well, you go first" Whined Edmund with a blush of embarressment under his freckles. "Why do you care anyway" I heard him mumble under his breath but I ignored it.

I sighed in defeat, a small chuckle escaped my lips as I did." We were whispering during a lecture"

Peter then did a small laugh, thinking it was quite funny that he got in trouble for such a little thing, he then replied," We may have gotten into some sort of a brawl" He scratched the back of his neck and looked to the side, avoiding Susan's deadly glare.

"You did what! Mom is going to kill you!" Susan baisically screamed.

"How did it happen?" I pondered, knowing they don't normally get into fights.

"This twerp right here called someone useless in a group project we were doing. He was right though, the person wasn't doing anything. So when the person swung a fist at us, we fought back" Peter explained.

I did a little giggle because I don't know what it is like to have siblings, but to me, the Pevensies were my second family.

" Y/n L/n, Susan Pevensie, the Head Master can speak with you now" The secutary called.

"Good luck" Peter whispered to us, which made me blush, but I had to stop once I walked in to see an upset looking Head Master.

"Good afternoon Mr.Thomas" I was able to muster up while I was closing the door.