Prologue

The police had been onto me for years. They didn't catch me for a long time, though, since I was more clever and more intelligent than them. I was the second most intelligent criminal of the entire world. I was aiming for number one, but that's pretty hard when Dax is number one. I'm surprised he's not Satan's son. Or maybe he is. Dax and I worked together a lot. We would murder together, steal together, sell drugs together, eat people together. Wait. That's a lie. I'm the one who eats them, he just sits there and watches. We were the perfect gay, murderous couple. Were. What happened to our happy criminal life? Well, that's what I'm about to tell you, so calm it.

We were out on a murder mission together. We did the same routine that we would normally do. Check for security systems, if there were security systems I would shut them down. If not, we could quietly get in after picking a lock or what not, or sometimes just walk in, like this house was. It's funny how careless some people can be. After getting in, we silently searched the house for the tasty human that was living there. I was about to ascend the stairs when I saw a flow of blood trickle down the stairs. I looked around the corner of the second flight of stairs to see Dax standing up there, holding the head of the decapitated victim. He had killed him without a sound until he dropped the body, making quickly loud THUMP.

"Richard?" we heard a feminine voice say. I grinned as I quickly, but quietly, crawled up the stairs, stepping over Dax's kill and into the bedroom. Did I mention that I'm usually on all fours? Fortunately, the woman hadn't faced the doorway when I crawled in, so she had no idea that I was present, or that she was my next meal. I kept to the pure darkness of the shadows, keeping my bloody red eyes on the woman. She noticed then, and held a long stare with them. She wasn't very intelligent, not at all, because she was soon curiously walking towards me. As soon as she was close enough, I pounced and covered her mouth with my hand. She only had time to gasp in reaction before I chomped down into her neck and twisted it, blood spurting out all over my face. 

A husband and a wife, I thought as I dropped her to the floor, probably children nearby as well. I shrugged as I sat down and started chewing away at her left arm. Dax will deal with those scumbags. The door freaked open, and I looked up. Dax was leaning in the doorway. "You should eat the husband first," he said. "He'll be easier to tear apart." Quickly, I scurried into the hall and jumped onto the body of the husband, biting down into his scrawny figure. I ripped off some of his chest and looked up, seeing a decorated door. "There's a teen in that room," I said with my mouth full, pointing to the door when I suddenly spat back out the meat. "Yuk!" I said, smacking my tongue. "He doesn't taste so good. He must have been sickly or something since he tastes so bad and looks so scrawny. 

Dax only rolled his eyes as he crept into the teenaged girl's room, and I went back to the parents room to attend to a more healthy and better tasting meal. I growled as I tore away at the meat in her arms and legs, feeling relived that I didn't have to put up with the bad taste anymore. The husband tasted funny, I thought. I think I've tasted it before. As I was working my way up her body, I stopped at her breast. I grabbed them and violently torn them off, blood splattering out. I hated the breast. They tasted horrible. It's like that really rubbery fat that you find on your turkey meat that you can't bit through and end up gagging on if you try. This woman just had to have the large ones. The curse of gigantic, enormous boobs, as I call it. 

I suddenly realized that Dax hadn't come back into the room. I wonder what he's up to, I thought as I peeked around the door. I say him using a cell phone that he had probably found on the dad. I didn't see any blood on him besides the blood from the father. "What happened to the kid?" I asked. He turned to me and lowered the phone from his mouth. "Not home," he said. "Probably out with friends." I nodded and went back to my meal, ripping away at her ribs. I noticed that I had forgotten her right arm, so I just ripped it off and started setting at it. Dax came into the room, giving me a look of disgust. "Not like you've seen anything worse," I told him with a mouth full. He smirked and knelt down next to me as I swallowed.

"You done, babe?" he asked. I shook my head. "Almost," I answered. Dax wiped the blood from my lips, and put his own lips against mine. I smirked and softly bit his lip. He chuckled and stood. "I don't think the police will show up. I think you'll be fine here by yourself until you finish." I nodded as he ruffled my already crazed hair. "See you at home," he said, and he climbed out the window. That was the last that I saw of him for a long time. No, he didn't die. I did. 

I decided that I would probably eat down to the bones of her, since I pretty much had all of the time in the world. At least, I thought I did. I was ripped out a rib when I heard the front door open downstairs. I froze. Dax didn't forget anything, I thought. He shouldn't be here. A slow panic started to rise in me. I wasn't used to being on my own. It had been years since I had been. I heard movement downstairs. There was more than one person in the house. The police. Why didn't I hear any sirens? I put down the rib, and slowly crawled towards the door. I heard voices. "If you see him, shoot him on sight," said one. "He doesn't care how you kill the monster, just kill him." 

I peeked out the doorway only to see that one of the officers were already looking at the doorway. "There he is!" he exclaimed, and fired at the door. I jumped back in time and clung onto the ceiling. They burst through the door pointing their guns around the room. "It smells like shit in here," said one. They ripped open the closet and shot several times in there. They searched it. "It's Kira alright," said one as he looked at the wife's corpse. I jumped down from the ceiling, and clung onto the officer, tearing at his face with my sharp, claw-like nails. "DAMNIT!" he exclaimed. "GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF!" Blood was splattering everywhere as I tore out his eyes and ripped off his ears. Suddenly, there was a loud BANG. I felt a piercing feeling go through my head, and I collapsed to the floor, dead.