chapter 1 - the beginning

Settle all down and get all cozy as I am going to tell you about a story of a cheerful, clumsy warlock and a wise, brave king.
Now this is no ordinary story in which you maybe use to, no.. This story does not begin with a Once Upon A Time, in fact it begins with a boy... His name.. Merlin.

This one young boy was no normal boy, he was a warlock, a very powerful one. And this warlock, who so happened to be walking down a dusty road toward Camelot, has a destiny he must carry the weight of on his shoulders. He may not know of it yet but this fate of his would change his life that he knows of, forever. However, through his course of fate, he will face many challenges both positive and negative.
You see.. Magic is forbidden in the kingdom of Camelot, if anyone was caught practicing or even studying magic would be sentenced to death. Extreme I know... But to understand why such magic even as it is has an advantage sometimes was banned and seen as evil, I must start from the very beginning of the story.. Starting with Arthur Pendragon.

Long before Arthur was born, magic lived along side the normal world within peace and war. In the kingdom of Camelot Uther Pendragon and his queen struggled to create an heir to the Camelot throne as the queen could not conceive. So one day after multiple tries and fails,  an enchantress promised the royals a son of their own. Uther couldn't resisted this offer as he would finally have a heir for his throne.
Nimeh, the enchantress, warned Uther of the consequences that this spell could bring, "a life for a life". But Uther was drawn by the greed of wanting an heir and ignored the warnings given. As promised, a son was delivered months later, this was Arthur, the future king of Camelot and destined to bring back magic once more. However, joy in the palace was short lifted when the queen had died from childbirth, "a life for a life", Nimeh's warning. Uther was blinded by rage blaming magic for the death of his lover and queen, banning magic from Camelot and killing anyone who dared study or practice it.