Chapter 1 - The Christmas Invasion

The new Doctor dashed to the console and flicked a few switches, checking the monitor. “6 PM... Tuesday...” Rose watched, half concealed by a pillar. The Doctor turned a knob. Maddie grinned at him. “October... 5006... On the way to Barcelona!” Straightened up and faced Maddie and Rose, grinning as if extremely pleased with himself. “Now then... what do I look like?” Gave them no chance to reply before holding up a hand to silence them. “No, no no, no no no no no no no. No. Don’t tell me.” Rose looked completely bemused. Maddie looked amused. “Let’s see... two legs, two arms, two hands...” Testing his wrist, circling it. “Slight weakness in the dorsal tubercle.” His hands flow to his head. “Hair! I’m not bald!” Maddie grinned wider. Rose now looked shocked. The Doctor ran his hands through his hair gleefully. “Oh, Oh! Big hair!” Felt his sideburns, looked and sounded delighted. “Sideburns, I’ve got sideburns! Or really bad skin. Little bit thinner...” Slapped his stomach. “That’s weird. Give me time, I’ll get used to it.” With the air of someone making a most wonderful discovery. “I... have got... a mole. I can feel it.” Maddie smiled as Rose was breathing heavily. She looked scared. The Doctor seemed not to notice. “Between my shoulder blades, there’s a mole.” Rotated his shoulders. “That’s all right. Love the mole.” Grinned at Maddie and Rose. “Go on then, tell me.” Stood straight up before Maddie and Rose, ready for assessment. His hair was all ruffled. “What do you think?”

“You look lovely.” Maddie replied as she walked over to him.

“Who are you?” Rose asked quietly.

The Doctor was slightly surprised. “I’m the Doctor.”

Rose shook her head, not believing him. “No... Where is he? Where’s the Doctor?” Voice rising. “What have you done to him?”

“Rose!” Maddie warned her.

The Doctor frowned. “You saw me, I, I changed...” Indicated over his shoulder, the spot where he regenerated. “...right in front of you.”

“I saw him sort of explode, and then you replaced him, like a... a teleport or a transmat or a body swap or something.” The Doctor didn’t not interject. He seemed lost for words. Rose took a few steps towards him. At arm’s length, she pushed him in the chest. “You’re not fooling me.” He rocked back on his heels as though he cannot believe what he was hearing. Maddie looked in disbelief. “I’ve seen all sorts of things. Nano genes... Gelth...” She looked darkly at him. “Slitheen...” The Doctor raised his eyebrows. “Oh, my God, are you a Slitheen?”

“I’m not a Slitheen.” The Doctor told her calmly.

“Send him back. I’m warning you; send the Doctor back right now!” Rose shouted at the end.

“Rose, he can’t. He can’t on go back to his old self.” Maddie glanced at him. “Just believe him.”

“Rose, it’s me.” The Doctor pleaded. “Honestly, it’s me.” Rose stared at him, her chest rising and falling very fast. “I was dying. To save my own life I changed my body. Every single cell, but... it’s still me.”

“You can’t be.” Rose whispered.

The Doctor took a few steps closer to her, looking straight down into her eyes. “Then how could I remember this? Very first word I ever said to you. Trapped in that cellar. Surrounded by shop window dummies.... oh...” Looked away for a moment, reminiscing. Then he looked back into her eyes. “..such a long time ago. I took your hand...” To emphasise this point, he took her hand... just like he did when Rose first asked who he was. Rose glanced briefly down at their jointed hands and then back up at his face. “I said one word... just one word, I said... ‘Run’.” He gazed at her.

Rose looked into his eyes, her own full of tears. “Doctor.” She whispered.

The Doctor grinned. “Hello.” Rose sighed in an almost exasperated fashion and stumbled backwards as the impact of what has just happened hit her. The Doctor took off around the other side of the console. “And we never stopped, did we? All across the universe. Running, running, running...”

“We did.” Maddie grinned as she walked to the console.

The Doctor flicked a few switches on the console. “One time we had to hop. Do you remember? Hopping for our lives.” He hopped madly up and down on the spot. Rose had her back against the pillar and was just watching him. “Yeah? All that hopping? Remember hopping for your life? Yeah?! Hop? With the...” The wild enthusiasm ebbed from his voice at Rose’s lack of reaction. His hopping subsided. “No?”

“Doc, Rose is in shock.” Maddie replied, glancing at Rose.

“Can you change back?” Rose asked to the Doctor.

The Doctor looked at her. “Do you want me to?”

“Yeah.” Rose replied.

“Oh.” The Doctor comment.

Rose looked at him. “Can you?”

“No.” The Doctor seemed rather disappointed. He glanced briefly down at the floor. “Do you want to leave?”

Rose was in shock. “Do you want me to leave?”

“No!” The Doctor replied quickly as he glanced at Maddie. “But... your choice... if you want to go home...” Rose still looked upset. He went to the console again. "Cancel Barcelona. Change to... London... the Powell Estate... ah... let’s say the 24th of December.” He looked at her. “Consider it a Christmas present.”

“Christmas Eve.” Maddie comment. “My parents would be surprised.”

Rose was edging slowly closer the console. “There.” The Doctor stepped back, his arms tucked under his armpits in an almost defensive manner.

Rose looked at him, then back at the console. The Tardis shuddered as it changed direction. “I’m going home?”

“Up to you.” The Doctor replied to her. “Back to your mum... it’s all waiting. Fish and chips, sausage and mash, beans on toast... no, Christmas! Turkey! Although... having met your mother... nut loaf would be more appropriate.” Rose looked down quickly, to hide a smile. “Was that a smile?”

“No.” Rose replied.

The Doctor looked knowingly. “That was a smile...”

“No it wasn’t.” Rose comment.

“Yes it was.” Maddie told her.

“You smiled...” The Doctor teased.

“No I didn’t.” Rose comment.

“Oh, come on, all I did was change, I didn’t...” The Doctor suddenly gagged as the Tardis shuddered.

“Oh no. Doc?!” Maddie asked worried.

Rose looked at him questioningly.
Rose frowned. “What?”

“I said I didn’t...” The same thing happened again, more violently. He make nasty retching noises. “Uh oh.”

Rose edged cautiously around the console. “Er... is you alright?” A piece of golden time vortex issued from the Doctor’s mouth. “What’s that?”

“It’s something that normally wouldn’t happen.” Maddie replied.

“Oh... the change is going a bit wrong and all.” He gagged again. He fell to his knees, his face contorted. Maddie was by him an instant.

“Look... maybe we should go back. Let’s go and find Captain Jack, he’d know what to do.” Rose told them.
The Doctor was impatiently. “Gah, he’s busy! He’s got plenty to do rebuilding the Earth!” A lever on the console suddenly catches his eye. With the help of Maddie, he stood up again. “I haven’t used this one in years.” He flicked it. The Tardis shuddered violently and they were all nearly knocked to their feet.

“What’re you doing?!” Rose exclaimed.

“Speed, he fulling levers and pushing buttons to go faster.” Maddie replied.

“Putting on a bit of speed! That’s it!” He turned more knobs while Rose tried to maintain a more secure grip on the console. “My beautiful ship! Come on, faster! That’s a girl!” Rose looked distinctly alarmed. The Doctor looked and sounded violent, crazed. “Faster! Wanna to break the time limit?!”

“Maybe going slower, please.” Maddie replied.

Rose was angry and scared. “Stop it!”

The Doctor was slightly nastily and still crazed. “Ah, don’t be so dull... let’s have a bit of fun! Let’s rip through that vortex!” Catches her eye for a moment. His voice calmed for a moment. “The regeneration’s going wrong. I can’t stop myself.” Grimaced in pain. “Ah, my head...” In that moment Maddie felt him, she grabbed her head as well. The Doctor glanced at her as then he violently sprung up into standing position again, and his voice has gone back to being crazed. “Faster! Let’s open those engines!”

A bell rang. Rose was looking around, frightened. “What’s that?”

The Doctor’s face appeared next to her. He sounded delighted. “We’re gonna crash land!” He laughed manically.

“Well then, do something!” Rose shouted loudly.

“Too late! Out of control!” He ran around the console, giggling. “Oh, I love it! Hot dawg!” He hopped in the air excitedly.

“You’re gonna kill us!” Rose shouted.

“Hold on tight, here we go!” The Doctor grinning madly, Rose was looking scared. “Christmas Eve...!”

----------------

The Tardis came out of the vortex in mid air and bounced off one block of flats, a second and a third before avoiding a post office van and finally crashing into a set of waste bins. The Doctor opened the door, still in t-shirt and leather jacket. “Here we are then, London. Earth. The Solar System. We did it. Jackie. Mickey. Blimey! No, no, no, no, hold on. Wait there. I’ve got something to say. There was something I had to tell you, something important. What was it? No, hold on, hold on. Hold on, shush, shush, shush, shush. Oh, I know! Merry Christmas!” The Doctor collapsed.

Then Rose and Maddie came out of the Tardis. “What happened? Is he all right?”

“I don’t know, he just keeled over.” Mickey frowned. “But who is he? Where’s the Doctor?”

“That’s him, right in front of you. That’s the Doctor.” Rose replied.

“What do you mean, that’s the Doctor? Doctor who?” Jackie asked to them. Maddie made a face.

-----------------------

In the Tyler’s flat, they went to the bedroom and the Doctor had been dressed in pyjamas and put to bed. Jackie came in with a stethoscope. “Here we go. Tina the cleaner’s got this lodger, a medical student, and she was fast asleep, so I just took it. Though I still say we should take him to hospital.” Maddie sat next to the Doctor and wouldn’t leave.

“We can’t. They’d lock him up. They’d dissect him. One bottle of his blood could change the future of the human race. No! Shush!” Rose listened to both sides of the Doctor’s chest. “Both working.”

“Thank God.” Maddie comment.

Jackie frowned. “What do you mean, both?”

“He’s got two hearts.” Maddie replied.

“Oh, don’t be stupid.” Jackie comment.

“He has.” Rose told her.

“Anything else he’s got two of?” Jackie asked.

“Leave him alone.” Rose replied. Then she and Jackie leave. Maddie stayed by the Doctor. The Doctor exhaled some of the Tardis’s golden energy, which flow off into space.

Maddie looked at him. “Oh, Doc.” She grabbed his hand.

Just then Rose stormed into the room again. “You know this is your fault!”

“How can it be my fault?” Maddie asked confused.

“You looked into the hart of Tardis, i wanted to do that.” Rose replied. “You took it away and made him die and reborn again as another man!”

Maddie looked angry. “How’s any of this my fault? He took it away, it was his choice. He saved me!”

“It was better if you died!” Rose shouted angry.

“Brat!” Maddie shouted as well. “That’s what you are!”

“How dare you!” Rose shouted.

“You know I’m right.” Maddie comment. Rose walked over to slap her, but then Maddie grabbed her arm and twisted it. “I suggest you never try that again.” She said calmly. “And i suggest you get out of this room, right now.”

Rose looked in disbelief. “But this is my home. You can’t tell me to do something.”

“Oh, sorry.” Maddie comment sarcastically. “I will call my mother then and she can pick me up.” In that moment she texted her mother to come and get her and the Doctor. Rose looked pleased. “Step away from me please. I need space to leave.” Rose smirked and leave the room. Maddie called her mother. “Come in with the Tardis, Rose is out of the room.”

The Tardis, her mother’s, dematerialised around her and the Doctor. He was now laying on the ground. Sirena looked at her daughter. “What in the world happened?”

“Oh it’s a long story mom.” Maddie replied sheepishly.

“Tell me.” Sirena told her daughter seriously. And with that Maddie told her mother everything had happened.

---------------

Sirena looked over at the Doctor, who was now in bed. “He needs tea, so he can stabilise. Superheated infusion of free radicals and tannin. Just the thing for healing the synapses.”

“And how do you suggest we do that mom?” Maddie asked her.

Sirena looked at her daughter. “We make really hot tea and give it to the Doctor.”

“How?” Maddie asked frowning.

“The smoke of the tea should heal him.” Sirena replied.

“Should?” Maddie asked worried.

Sirena looked at her. “Yes, now lets make some tea.” She dashed down stairs as Maddie stayed by the Doctor’s side.

She looked at him. “We are gonna heal you, Doctor.”

---------------

Sometime later Rose called her. “Where’s the Doctor?”

“How the hell should I know? You cast me away.” Maddie replied. “Using me as dirt. Don’t call me again.” She hung up.

Then her mother came up again with the tea. “Who was that?”

“Rose, I’m sick of her.” Maddie replied.

“I understand.” Sirena nodded as she held up the tea. “Now time to heal the Doctor.”

“Yes.” Maddie nodded.

Sirena held it for his face, the smoke went into his nose, he breathed it in, exhaling more golden energy. “It’s working.”

“That’s good.” Maddie breathed out.

Just then Liam came up stairs. “There are aliens. With Skeletal heads.”

Sirena nodded. “I know who they are. Don’t worry, dear. We will fix it soon.”

Liam nodded. “How is he?” He asked, looking at the Doctor.

“Getting better.” Sirena replied as then she put the tea away. “He should wake up soon.” Liam nodded and went back down stairs as Sirena looked at her daughter. “You should rest for a moment too. You don’t look good.”

“I feel like it.” Maddie comment.

“Go!” Sirena ordered her. “Get some sleep, I will wake you up, when the Doctor wakes up.”

“Okay.” Maddie nodded and walked out of the room, to her room and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

----------------

A few hours later, it wasn’t her mother that woke her up. It was the Doctor. He gently shook her as then Maddie opened her eyes. “Doctor?!” She blinked. “You are awake! I thought mom was going to wake me.” She frowned.

“Oh she wanted to, but I insisted that I did it myself.” The Doctor replied to her.

“Oh.” Maddie looked at him. “How are you?”

“I’m good now. Your mother is very clever as you are. But I heard everything.” The Doctor replied.

Maddie looked at him, sighing. “So you heard me and Rose?”

“Yes.” The Doctor nodded. “How long has this been going on?”

Maddie blinked. “You never noticed it?” She asked back as she sat up in bed.

The Doctor sat down on her bed. “No, that’s why I’m asking you.”

“I don’t know to be sure. She was jealous and so on she treated me like dirt.” Maddie replied. “When you weren’t around. So I asked the Tardis to help me to avoid her, while on the Tardis.”

“Ah well, she needs to say sorry to you. If she wants to travel with us still.” The Doctor told her seriously.

Maddie nodded. “Yeah, I agree.” Then she changed the subject. “I felt you, still do. I think our connection is getting stronger.”

“It is.” The Doctor comment. “I can feel you too.”

Maddie smiled at him. “You are different, but still the same.”

“Thank you.” The Doctor thanked her.

Just then Sirena walked into the room. “Maddie, Doctor, the Sycorax are here and they are making people to go to the roofs as my husband put it.”

The Doctor stood up. “What?!”

Then Maddie went out of her bed. “So we need to send them away.”

“Yes.” Sirena nodded. “We will take my Tardis.”

“But my Tardis....” The Doctor was interrupted.

“Likely to be taken.” Sirena told him. She looked at them. “So my Tardis, lets go.”

-------------------

They all rushed down stairs and ran into the Tardis from Sirena. She flipped some levers and pushed on buttons. Maddie helped her mother as then the Doctor sprung into action as well. “Here we go!” Sirena comment. They dematerialised from there and materialised on the spaceship from Sycorax.

The Doctor opened the doors. “Did you miss me?” He saw the others, they were on the ship as well. The Sycorax cracked his whip. The Doctor catches the end and pulled it out of his hand. “You could have someone’s eye out with that.”

“How dare!” Sycorax shouted.

Just then Sirena and Maddie walked put of the Tardis. “Blimey.” Maddie comment as then she saw Rose, Mickey and Harriet. But she also the Doctor’s Tardis.

“Stay behind me.” Sirena told her daughter.

“I’m not scared of them.” Maddie comment.

Sirena nodded. “I know.”

The Doctor took a thick club off another Sycorax and broke it across his knee. “You just can’t get the staff. Now, you, just wait. I’m busy.” Then he looked at the others. “Mickey, hello! And Harriet Jones MP for Flydale North. Blimey, it’s like This Is Your Life.” Then he looked at Rose. “Tea! That’s all I needed, a good cup of tea! Superheated infusion of free radicals and tannin. Just the thing for healing the synapses.” Then he looked at the both of the girls. “Now, first thing’s first. Be honest, how do I look?”

“Er, different.” Rose replied.

The Doctor glanced at Maddie. “Good different or bad different?”

“Just different.” Rose replied.

“That’s what I said.” Maddie added.

“Am I ginger?” The Doctor asked to Maddie.

Maddie shook with her head. “No, you’re brown.”

“I wanted to be ginger. I’ve never been ginger.” The Doctor looked at Rose. “And you, Rose Tyler, fat lot of good you were. You gave up on me and you hurt my soulmate! Oh, that’s rude. That’s the sort of man I am now, am I? Rude. Rude and not ginger.”

“Well, it’s the truth.” Maddie replied to him.

Harriet blinked. “I’m sorry. Who is this?”

“I’m the Doctor.” The Doctor replied to her.

“He’s the Doctor.” Rose added.

Harriet frowned. “But what happened to my Doctor? Or is it a title that’s just passed on?”

“I’m him. I’m literally him. Same man, new face. Well, new everything.” The Doctor replied.

Harriet refused to belief him. “But you can’t be.”

“Harriet Jones, we were trapped in Downing Street and the one thing that scared you wasn’t the aliens, it wasn’t the war, it was the thought of your mother being on her own.” The Doctor told her.

Harriet blinked. “Oh, my God.”

“Did you win the election?” The Doctor asked to her.

“Landslide majority.” Harriet replied to him.

“If I might interrupt.” Sycorax told them.

The Doctor looked at him. “Yes, sorry. Hello, big fellow.”

“Who exactly are you?” Sycorax asked him.

“Well, that’s the question...” The Doctor was interrupted.

“I demand to know who you are!” Sycorax demanded.

“I don’t know!” The Doctor shouted back. “See, there’s the thing. I’m the Doctor, but beyond that, I just don’t know. I literally do not know who I am. It’s all untested. Am I funny? Am I sarcastic?” He winked at Maddie. She blushed. “Sexy? Right old misery? Life and soul? Right handed? Left handed? A gambler? A fighter? A coward? A traitor? A liar? A nervous wreck? I mean, judging by the evidence, I’ve certainly got a gob. And how am I going to react when I see this, a great big threatening button. A great big threatening button which must not be pressed under any circumstances, am I right? Let me guess. It’s some sort of control matrix, hmm? Hold on, what’s feeding it?” Then he opened the base of the pillar under the button. “And what’ve we got here? Blood? Yeah, definitely blood. Human blood. A Positive, with just a dash of iron. Ah, but that means blood control. Blood control! Oh, I haven’t seen blood control for years. You’re controlling all the A Positives. Which leaves us with a great big stinking problem. Because I really don’t know who I am. I don’t know when to stop. So if I see a great big threatening button which should never, ever, ever be pressed, then I just want to do this.” He hit the button.

“No!” Rose and Harriet shouted on the same time.

“You killed them!” Alex shouted.

The Doctor looked at Sycorax. “What do you think, big fellow? Are they dead?”

“We allow them to live.” He replied.

“Allow?” The Doctor comment. “You’ve no choice. I mean, that’s all blood control is. A cheap bit of voodoo. Scares the pants off you, but that’s as far as it goes. It’s like hypnosis. You can hypnotise someone to walk like a chicken or sing like Elvis. You can’t hypnotise them to death. Survival instinct’s too strong.”

“Blood control was just one form of conquest. I can summon the armada and take this world by force.” Sycorax told him.

“Well, yeah, you could, yeah, you could do that, of course you could. But why?” The Doctor pointed at the humans. “Look at these people. These human beings. Consider their potential. From the day they arrive on the planet and blinking step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than. No, hold on.” He frowned. “Sorry, that’s The Lion King. But the point still stands. Leave them alone!”

“Or what?” Sycorax asked.

“Or...” The Doctor took a sword from an aide and ran back towards the Tardis. “I challenge you.” General laughter. “Oh, that struck a chord. Am I right that the sanctified rules of combat still apply?”

Sycorax nodded. “You stand as this world’s champion.”

“Thank you. I’ve no idea who I am, but you just summed me up.” The Doctor throws his dressing gown to Maddie. “So, you accept my challenge? Or are you just a cranak pel casacree salvak?”

This insult make up the leader’s mind. “For the planet?”

“For the planet.” The Doctor confirmed. They clashed swords.

“Look out!” Rose called.

“Oh yeah that helped.” Maddie groaned.

“Oh, yeah, that helps. Wouldn’t have thought of that otherwise, thanks.” The Doctor told her sarcastically. The leader was the more experienced swordsman. The Doctor retreated up a tunnel. “Bit of fresh air?”

---------------

And out into the day light. The Doctor was driven back to the edge, and hit on the nose. Both Maddie and Rose wanted to go to him. But he held his hand up. “Stay back! Invalidate the challenge and he wins the planet.” The leader knocked the Doctor down then slashed. The sword and a hand fell to Earth. “You cut my hand off.”

“Ya! Sycorax!” Sycorax cheered.

“And now I know what sort of man I am. I’m lucky. Because quite by chance I’m still within the first fifteen hours of my regeneration cycle, which means I’ve got just enough residual cellular energy to do this.” The Doctor grows new hand.

“Witchcraft.” Sycorax breathed out.

The Doctor looked at him. “Time Lord.”

“Doctor!” Rose throws him another sword.

“Oh, so I’m still the Doctor, then?” The Doctor asked as he grabbed the sword.

“No arguments from me!” Rose shouted.

“Me neither.” Maddie called.

“Want to know the best bit? This new hand? It’s a fighting hand!” They fight again. The Doctor disarmed the Sycorax and thumped both hilts into its abdomen, twice. It fell, right on the edge, overlooking London. “I win.”

“Then kill me.” Sycorax told him.

The Doctor looked at him. “I’ll spare your life if you’ll take this Champion’s command. Leave this planet, and never return. What do you say?”

“Yes.” Sycorax replied.

“Swear on the blood of your species.” The Doctor hissed.

“I swear.” Sycorax told him flatly.

“There we are, then. Thanks for that. Cheers, big fellow.” The Doctor told him lightly. Then he walked to others.

“Bravo!” Harriet called.

“You did very good.” Maddie comment as she stood next to her mother.

“That says it all. Bravo!” Rose called.

“Ah, not bad for a man in his jim-jams.” Maddie helped the Doctor on with the dressing gown. “Very Arthur Dent. Now, there was a nice man. Hold on, what have I got in here? A satsuma. But doesn’t that just sum up Christmas? You go through all those presents and right at the end, tucked away at the bottom, there’s always one stupid old satsuma. Who wants a satsuma?” The Sycorax leader got up, grabbed his sword and runs at the Doctor’s back. The Doctor throws the satsuma at a control on the spaceship hull, a piece of the wing opened up and the leader fell to his death. “No second chances. I’m that sort of a man.”

-----------------

The Doctor addressed the others on the ship. “By the ancient rites of combat, I forbid you to scavenge here for the rest of time. And when go you back to the stars and tell others of this planet, when you tell them of it’s riches, it’s people, it’s potential. When you talk of the Earth, then make sure that you tell them this. It is defended.” Then they were all beamed away.

----------------

They were on the road. Rose looked around her. “Where are we?”

“We’re just off Bloxom Road. We’re just round the corner, we did it!” Mickey called.

The Doctor grabbed Maddie’s hand. “Wait a minute, wait a minute.” The spaceship flew away.

“Go on, my son! Oh, yeah!” Mickey called happily.

“Yeah! Don’t come back!” Rose called also.

“It is defended!” Mickey called. Rose and Mickey hugged, then Rose hugged Alex.

“My Doctor.” Harriet told to the Doctor.

“Prime Minister.” The Doctor told her. Maddie stood next to him. They hugged.

Harriet looked at them. “Absolutely the same man. Are there many more out there?”

“Many more.” Maddie replied.

“Oh, not just Sycorax.” The Doctor added. “Hundreds of species. Thousands of them. And the human race is drawing attention to itself. Every day you’re sending out probes and messages and signals. This planet’s so noisy. You’re getting noticed more and more. You’d better get used to it.”

Maddie looked at her mother. ‘I see you are very happy.’ Sirena spoke through the mind.

I am, but Rose needs to suck it up.’ Maddie comment.

The Doctor looked at mother and daughter. ‘I hear you two.’

‘Yeah, well you need to hear it too. Keep my daughter safe at all times and worlds as if have told you before. But I meant it, if you love her, keep her safe.’ Sirena told him through the mind.

The Doctor looked at her. ‘I promise and i will promise over and over again.’

‘Good.’ Sirena told him.

Then the Doctor looked at Maddie. ‘I will tell to Rose that she needs to say sorry to you and acting normal from now on.’

‘Thank you.’ Maddie comment.

Just then Jackie rushed towards them. “Rose!”

“Mum!” Rose called.

The Doctor sighed. “Oh, talking of trouble.”

“Oh, my God!” Jackie called. “You did it, Rose! Oh!”

Rose looked at her mother. “Look at him.”

“Is it him, though?” Jackie blinked. “Is it really the Doctor? Oh, my God, it’s the bleeding Prime Minister!”

“Come here, you.” The Doctor comment to them. There was a group hug.

Jackie looked at the Doctor. “Are you better?”

The Doctor nodded. “I am, yeah.”

“You left me.” Jackie exclaimed to Rose.

Rose shrugged. “I’m sorry.”

“I had all the food.” Jackie told her.

Suddenly five green beamed streak up into the sky, meet and fire out into space. The Sycorax asteroid ship went KaBOOM! “What is that? What’s happening?” Rose asked confused.

“That was murder.” The Doctor replied to her as then he looked at Harriet.

“It was.” Sirena hissed, looking angry.

Harriet looked at them. “That was defence. It’s adapted from alien technology. A ship that fell to Earth ten years ago.”

“But they were leaving.” The Doctor argued.

“You said yourself, Doctor, they’d go back to the stars and tell others about the Earth.” Harriet told him. “I’m sorry, Doctor, but you’re not here all the time. You come and go. It happened today. Mister Llewellyn and the Major, they were murdered. They died right in front of me while you were sleeping. In which case we have to defend ourselves.”

“Britain’s Golden Age.” The Doctor told her bitterly.

“It comes with a price.” Harriet told him.

“He gave them the wrong warning. He should’ve told them to run as fast as they can, run and hide because the monsters are coming. The human race.” Sirena told her angry.

Harriet looked at them. “Those are the people I represent. I did it on their behalf.”

“Then I should have stopped you.” The Doctor told her also angry.

Harriet looked in disbelief. “What does that make you, Doctor? Another alien threat?”

“Don’t challenge me, Harriet Jones, because I’m a completely new man.” He told her. “I could bring down your Government with a single word.”

“You’re the most remarkable man I’ve ever met, but I don’t think you’re quite capable of that.” Harriet comment.

The Doctor agreed. “No, you’re right. Not a single word, just six.”

“I don’t think so.” Harriet disagreed.

“Six words.”

“Stop it!”

“Six.” The Doctor went over to Alex and whispered in his ear.

Then they leave as Harriet shouted after them. “Doctor! Doctor, what did you? What was that? What did he say? What did you say, Doctor? Doctor! I’m sorry.”

----------------

The Doctor looked at Rose. “I have heard everything when i was asleep and i need you to say sorry to Maddie.”

Rose looked in disbelief. “What?! Why?”

“My soulmate Maddie.” He looked angry. “If you still want to travel with me, you need to say sorry to Maddie. With me in the room.”

“Why? She started it.” Rose exclaimed.

The Doctor looked at her. “I don’t think she did. But your last behaviour, you need to say sorry. Now if you don’t mind.”

Rose gritted her teeth. “Alright.” Then they walked over to Maddie. “Maddie, i wanted to say something.”

“Okay.” Maddie comment.

“I’m sorry for my behaviour earlier.” Rose told her.

Maddie looked at her. “I accept.”

-----------------------

Later they all were sitting in the house of Sirena and Liam, even the Tyler’s and Mickey were there. Then the Doctor entered. The dinner progressed to the crackers. “Oh, that’s yours.” The Doctor held up a pink one.

“Uh, no.” Maddie comment.

“It’s pink!” Rose looked at her mother. “Mum, it should be yours.”

Just then Jackie got a call. “It’s Beth. She says go and look outside.”

“Why?” Rose asked.

“I don’t know, just go outside and look. Come on, shift!” Jackie replied.

---------------

The ground was covered with white flakes falling from the sky. Streaks of light cris-cross the sky. “Oh, it’s beautiful. What are they, meteors?” Rose asked.

“No.” Maddie replied.

The Doctor looked up. “It’s the spaceship breaking up in the atmosphere. This isn’t snow, it’s ash.”

“Okay, not so beautiful.” Rose comment.

“No.” Maddie added.

The Doctor grinned. “This is a brand new planet Earth. No denying the existence of aliens now. Everyone saw it. Everything’s new.”

“It is.” Maddie grabbed his hand. Then the Doctor looked at her grinning.

Rose looked at the Doctor. “And what about you? What are you going to do next?”

“Well, back to the Tardis. Same old life.” The Doctor replied as he glanced at Maddie.

“On your own?” Rose asked.

“No.” Maddie replied.

The Doctor looked at her. “Why, don’t you want to come?”

“Well, yeah.” Rose replied.

“Do you, though?” The Doctor asked.

Rose nodded. “Yeah!”

“I just thought, because I changed.” The Doctor teased.

“Doctor!” Maddie exclaimed.

Rose shrugged. “Yeah, I thought, because you changed you might not want me anymore.”

“Oh, I’d love you to come.” The Doctor comment.

Rose nodded. “Okay.”

Mickey looked at Rose. “You’re never going to stay, are you?”

“There’s just so much out there. So much to see. I’ve got to.” Rose replied.

Mickey sighed. “Yeah.”

Jackie looked at them. “Well, I reckon you’re mad, the pair of you. It’s like you go looking for trouble.”

“It does.” Sirena agreed.

“Trouble’s just the bits in-between. It’s all waiting out there, Jackie, Sirena, and it’s brand new to me. All those planets, and creatures and horizons. I haven’t seem them yet! Not with these eyes. And it is going to be fantastic.” The Doctor told them, he side hugged Maddie as then he held out his hand.

“That hand of yours still gives me the creeps.” Rose took hold of it anyway. “So, where’re we going to go first?”

“Er, that way. No, hold on. That way.” The Doctor pointed up.

Maddie looked up. “That way?”

“Hmm?” The Doctor grinned.

“Yeah, that way.” Both girls nodded, grinning also.