Chapter 29

After two weeks, last day of battle,

By the time Namjoon arrived at the head of an army of 80,000 men. These includes infantry and cavalry with canons and gun. Along the way, as they rode hard, he consulted with his second in commanders, listened to their advice, and did what he thought was important. Even before he had left, Jungkook had ordered an army of five thousand men to fly across. Most of these men were not soldiers; they were scouts and spies.

The spies had done their jobs well anyway. Many now lived in the surrounding their enemies camp, mingled with the local soldiers, heard their stories, and learned about lee Jong suk’s exploits. Even after knowing this Namjoon didn't become overconfident.From experience he knew strength of army doesn't matter,what matters most is how plans the battle.While wonwoo chastised Namjoon's cautious approach saying it is too easy to defeat them.

"This man must be stupid enough to challenge joseon army without enough soldiers and weapons. fools ! "He quizzically added glancing at jimin who got infuriated by wonwoo's disrespective talk regarding his clan.

Namjoon instantly calmed him touching jimin's shoulders giving a fitting reply "Brave, not stupid.He is a true warrior and don't be over confident wonwoo.Remember what Jungkook always says.Huge armies and good weapon do help in s battle but when it comes to fighting there is no substitute for courage"

Jimin smiled proudly then said excitedly "Let's stop this idle chatter and attack"

"We can't" reacted Joon with a calm face.

"Why ?"Both wonwoo and jimin raise their eyebrows alike.

"Because the way to king Lee Jong suk's fort lies through the narrow valley and Chenyeol's force waiting there to trap us" joon said pointing to the deep narrow valley laying infront of them.Then remarked

"Not only that a minute ago my spies informed me that has Chenyeol has secretly confined a very beautiful princess at there.It must be princess chaeyoung.So that we will have to wait for them to attack first"

After a long wait from the  message of the emperor's spies, they have found a long and easy path leading to Jong suk's fort.Thus taking enough soldiers wonwoo and jimin marched off in order to attack Jong suk's fort from rear.In the meanwhile Common and Namjoon charged towards Chenyeol's army who were waiting for them at front of fort.

During initial days of battle joseon army suffered a heavy loss.The battle was devastating for joseon as well as their enemies armies.Being able commanders Jong suk and joon fought fiercely causing destruction on their respective enemy troops. 

On the thirteenth day of battle lee Jong suk was fighting furiously against jimin and wonwoo at one side.After constant effort Namjoon could hack his way through the ranks of enemy soldiers and reached the front of Chenyeol's horse.He urged his own mount towards him. Although hampered by the disorganised mass of wheeling, rearing and snorting horses with their riders slashing and striking at each other, Namjoon reached the destination.It was indeed Chenyeol.