Chapter 9- The Tale of The Two

I think this might be my favorite chapter yet heheh.

This is going to be the final chapter for this year so I hope you enjoy it!

Grace choked on her cup of tea when she saw who was at the door, Lord Garmadon, one of the evilest villains that Ninjago had ever seen. He didn't know it, but Grace's village was attacked by him many years prior. She remembered seeing the giant stone Colostess form before her very eyes and her village succumbing to them; the Sons Of Garmadon He looked just slightly different than Grace remembered. Garmadon still had his charcoal black skin, beating red eyes, and a grim expression, but now he had lost two of his arms. She shuddered, not wanting to find out how he lost those arms. Additionally, he was holding a huge, lush, baracis ninjagai in his hands. It was almost like he was caring, and not evil. Garmadon and Lloyd's eyes locked, just staring at each other. "What are you doing here?"Lloyd remarked rudely. "I still see you have an obsession with stupid plants." Garmadon put the plant down on a table before slamming his hands on said table. "Christofern 2.0 is NOT a stupid plant. What have you been doing then, besides being here lying unconscious?" he declared. Grace awkwardly watched them go back and forth with insults, not saying a word while also questioning their relationship. "I have been doing a lot of things, thank you very much. I saved the world and have been training two new ninja. Let me guess, you've been creating an entire plant army?" Lloyd said, slowly pulling himself up before slowing down due to the pain in his side. "No. And let me guess, this is your girlfriend?" Garmadon questioned as he pointed at Grace. Grace spat out her tea, her face slowly turning red. "NO!!" Lloyd shouted while his face also became a very pleasant shade of red. "Geez, you don't have to yell. You're always complaining, I swear. I thought you would be happier to see me," Garmadon replied. After Grace left the room to go explore the village, they stared at each other. Garmadon opened his mouth again to say something, but Lloyd cut him off. "Don't talk to me," he said roughly as he turned his head the other way."You've done enough damage showing your face here."

It was silent for a while. Garmadon could hear soft sniffles from Lloyd. He slowly approached Lloyd and carefully sat on the bed, like Lloyd was a fuse about to blow. Looking closer at Lloyd's face, he noticed something. Lately, he had been learning how to care for others, and how to understand one's emotions. Garmadon had realized why Lloyd acted the way he did, it was because of his trauma and experiences. They used to have a special connection before the Merge, after defeating the Overlord. During the rebuilding of the Monastery, a greenhouse was created right near Christofern, and Lloyd and Garmadon spent a lot of quality father and son bonding, raising plants from seeds. He had even given Lloyd a new plant before his 18th birthday, and Lloyd's smile was all he needed. They had grown together once against, forming an even stronger bond than before Garmadon was resurrected. But a little before the Merge, Garmadon realized that he had never finished discovering who he really was. So one day, Garmadon gathered all of his things and said farewell to his son, explaining what had to be done. "So, you'll be back right?" Lloyd's voice echoed in his head. Garmadon gave him a big hug."Yes, I'll return near your 18th birthday," Garmadon said."Promise?" Lloyd asked."Promise. I'll try not to ever abandon you like I did before. Just know whenever you look at Greenie, I'll be by your side." Greenie was the plant that Garmadon had given to him right before he left.Lloyd said his final goodbyes as Garmadon set off into the sunset. But he couldn't keep his promise. The Merge hit just shortly after he left. Garmadon couldn't find Lloyd, and found himself in an ancient Oni village.

Garmadon wrapped his shoulder over Lloyd and looked at him in the eye. It had been years since he had seen his son, and he slowly grew up more. "I missed you Lloyd," Garmadon said as he embraced Lloyd with a hug. Lloyd returned the hug, tears slowly streaming down his face. "I missed you too, Dad."