1.0 |One with Maan|

This Anupama is post that Diwali confession Anupama, and she had a much more stern rejection of Anuj and his feelings towards her.

Read, vote and comment!

——

"I can only be your business partner. Nothing more can happen," Anupama says. "I know, and I am sorry for confessing my feelings like that in front of Vanraj and the Shahs. It was stupid," Anuj says. "I respect your feelings. I had to be clear with you also: I have been gravely hurt in love and marriage. Till I die, I only want to love myself," Anupama says.

"I will never make a pass at you. It's just about business and friendship that we have." Anuj says. "Do you promise?" Anupama asks. "I promise I will never talk about or force my love on you," Anuj says. They shook their hands. Malvika came into their lives a few months later like a whirlwind, and she made a strong bond with Anupama but left again.

Anuj and Anupama finished their project, and he backed his bags and left for America. He didn't leave any contact behind. Anupama continued to manage their restaurant and run her dance school. She was able to expand the dance school, but she was looking for ways to grow even better in her career.

She was living in a bigger apartment that she rented now, and work was keeping her busy from the Shah's toxic behaviours. She had always had time for her kids, though, if they wanted to spend time with her. In this time that she had alone, she had started reflecting on her time with Anuj Kapadia.

——

Devika had come to spend time with Anupama during Janmashtami. She realised that Anupama had gone quiet and sad. "Have you spoken to Anuj? Today is his birthday," Anupama says. "Yes, we were conversing on the phone. I can't believe it's been a year since he left," Devika says.

"I know. I didn't know that he could be so unprofessional. He never responds to my email when I want to speak about the restaurant. He just willed his shares to me when I didn't ask for anything. He had the guts to tell his assistant I could always contact their American office if I needed assistance. They will always be available for me. As if I will ever call them," Anupama says.

"When did you get egoistic? He must be busy with work, so he can't respond to your emails," Devika says. "But why can't he respond to my emails? I am Anupama, aren't I?" Anupama says. She kept walking around making preparations as she was expecting her kids to come over after the pooja at the Shah house.

"Why are you being so possessive about Anuj?" Devika asks. "I am not," Anupama says. "Do you miss him?" Devika asks. "Yes, he has completely shut me off from his life. I knew I said I didn't want to be anything more than business partners and friends, but how could he shut me off?" Anupama asks.

"Imagine what he is going through? He saw you daily, but you stopped him from discussing his feelings for you. It must have been so painful," Devika says. "What about what I am feeling now? Doesn't it matter?" Anupama asks. "He was in love with you; it's different. It's not like you are in love with him," Devika says.

Anupama turns to face Devika with tears in her eyes. "Oh my gosh, you are in love with him, aren't you?" Devika asks. "I think so. But it's too late," Anupama says.

——

On Anuj's end, he had adopted a child, and his birth mother hand found him asking for forgiveness. He let her into his life for his daughter and GK's insistence, but he could never call her mother. In the past year, her actions made him slowly warm up to her, and he told her about Anupama. His mother was a world-renowned Kathak dancer, but he had said to her that no one could beat Anupama in his eyes.