My Youth/You're Irreplacable

Jisung had known Chenle for the past 4 years. They were in the same class when they were 13 and the two instantly clicked. They did everything together, to the point where it was weird to not see the two of them side-by-side. Chenle spent a lot of their time together teasing Jisung, usually about his height. It was all fun and games until his growth spurt came in making Chenle look tiny next to Jisung.

"You know what, if you don't shrink I'm not gonna be your friend anymore." Chenle whined, upset about how their roles swapped and now he was the one being teased for his short height.. Jisung laughed and looked at the boy.

"Chenle, don't sulk, we are literally about to celebrate your birthday and you're over here whining about your height." Jisung said and leaned on Chenle's shoulder. Immediately Chenle felt a swarm of butterflies at the younger's actions and he blushed a little. Thankfully he knew Jisung wouldn't see his face as he was too distracted by the TV screen.

As the two sat staring at the TV with no other words, time passed and knocks came at the door. The rest of their friends had arrived ready to party. Well, as much as a bunch of nerds can party anyway.

Chenle opened the door, taken aback by the seven people staring him in the face. They all greeted him simultaneously, causing Chenle to smile out of amusement. He told them all to come in and soon enough chaos ensued in the form of a "Who knows Chenle best" game contest. Jisung smiled knowing he had this in the bag. He did know Chenle best after all. Ryujin, Jake, Ningning, Yunjin, Felix, Sungchan, Huening Kai and Jisung were all sitting on a sofa, squished next to each other.

"Settle down peasants and bow to your king," Chenle laughed at the words he was saying, but continued anyway, "There are 3 rounds, the winner will be crowned my sidekick and gets to pick one thing to do with me for the rest of the night!" Chenle laughed, his friends groaning, complaining it wasn't a good enough prize.

"Shut up," Ryujin finally yelled through the living room, everyone actually going quiet. "Chenle! Start with the first question! Everyone writes on a piece of paper then holds it up at the same time." Chenle gave a thumbs up and everyone got into their 'fastest writing position'.

"Okay! First question. Where was I born?" Chenle said loudly for everyone to hear. Jisung, of course, after a few seconds looked up and locked eyes with Chenle. He hid the paper against his chest and stared at Chenle with these eyes basically saying 'I was fastest'. Chenle's face went slightly red from the eye contact, and he started counting down breaking the makeshift staring contest with Jisung.

Once the countdown finished, everyone raised their papers, and answers varied from Shanghai (the right answer), Hong Kong, and even Beijing. Chenle pointed to Jisung, Ryujin and Felix for the correct answer, everyone else groaning in annoyance saying things like 'of course Jisung got it' and 'you weren't born in Beijing?'. Chenle laughed and continued on.

"What is my Korean name?" Jisung, again, was first to look up.

"This is easy," Jisung thought in his head, staring at Chenle again, noticing the boy wasn't looking at him back.

"Okay, raise your papers!" Chenle looked at them all, this time only Jisung got it right. "Come on guys! Jake, my Korean name is not Park Chenle!" He said, everyone laughing as he didn't get the joke. Jisung looked to the ground in embarrassment, knowing exactly what they did.

"Seriously, only Jisung got it?" He sighed, letting out a small laugh, "It's Jong Jin Rak! Jeez you all suck."

This game continued, Jisung absolutely destroying everyone, winning at the end with a total of 30 points. (Yes, he was first everytime).

After a few more yelling fits about how unfair it was for Jisung to play, saying it was too easy for him ect, they decided to end the game to make food for them all. Thankfully, Chenle's poor parents didn't have to go through the heart crippling event of cooking for 9 teenagers and opted for food delivery instead. They all sat in the gigantic living room with separate bowls of ramen, some spicy and some not- along with classic Korean fried chicken while watching a movie.