Chapter 7: The Crewman

Seven Days Ago......

On a not so remote and isolated land, there lies a military base. The base itself speaks volumes. It is one of the many bases to ever exist in the country. The second main hub, and far most crucial military base for engagement and development. It even houses some of the latest technologies known to man - few only released to the public.

As a military base put in the centre of the country's art of duty, it is currently operating at a large-scale. Ususally the base was supposed to run smooth sails during operating hours, but because it overcame with unintended circumstances all of a sudden, the base at the feat it is going - it is running wildly - at phase non stop like a steampunk train, no brakes attached.

From every angle, it can be perfectly seen and heard: the planes landing; the sound of troops marching in true soldier formation; different contraptions of an ordered size treading on the road either used or stationed nearby; and the tireless officers and staffs working double time inside, but mostly outside where preparations are made due ready for an incoming transport that will highlight the grave matter the base had to be in a panic to be all neat and grity.

While occupied by an endless pile of work coming in and out, a certain individual wears a green decorated uniform, medals pinned on his chest and officer hat. The unnamed officer charges towards a hallway accompanied by his trusted assistant walking beside listening in on him.

"Well, do you have any updates," the officer said.

Not prepared to update the officer on the subject at hand, the assistant regardless of questions, replied with an honest taste of courage and worry, "Yes sir, the private company's transport should be arriving soon as well as a few of their associates to begin a brief overview," the assistant nodded and offered the officer thin papers of gathered information.

"Hmm," the officer scoffed.

"This is it."

"Yes, all of it."

The assistant wasn't to sure to make meaning of the Officer's reaction.

The assistant felt as if he was in the wrong.

"It's fine," the high ranking officer said, "The trouble having to deal with this situation at best is just........unreal."

The assistant was at shock. He was speechless.

Normally, the high ranking officer was always stern with his authority - not flinching or squandering. He placed himself in the centre. As a person of a degree of power bested in him, he plays a pivotal role. A role that has no time for lame excuses - even his emotions. And to see him, at the current moment, is beneath that.

Nevertheless, it would seem, the officer regained full control of his loose composure. He stood tall again, adding on.

"It was inevitable. The fact that we have to deal with this problem is beyond anyones comprehension, even my own. People shoved into disarray. Beating, eating, turning. What could we possibly accomplish. Alas. If it weren't for the company's intervention it could've gotten worse. All that we have left is hope and faith. Hope that we survive, and faith that during a day we will not forget, people are still morally compliant."

To hear his words, the assistant felt rejuvenated. An attempt of bravery and, lust full of fighting power.

"Come on, the transport should be arriving," with a final signal to the assistant, they walked together.

"Oh, yeah."

~~~~~~

In the sky, a figure casts a shadow on the surface that blinds people stationed on the surface. It with it's big like shape made it stand out, and before long, an alarm from the one of towers sounded.