P R O L O G U E

(a/n: for the first ep since they still didn't reveal yet that Mizu is a girl for now I'll use he/him pronouns, but later on I'll use her pronouns but maybe I'll use they/them so you guys won't get confused on who's who. That's all! enjoy reading!)

THROUGH THE HARSH WINDS OF WINTER,  A samurai, wearing a big hat and orange-tinted glasses, and a woman, who has her eyes closed and wearing a face veil, travels through the snowy forest, leaving two trails of footprints behind.

“Do you think we'll ever find him? Husband.” The woman says, opening her eyes, revealing her beautiful yellow hues.

“With you by my side? Definitely.” He replies.

As they walk through the forest, they see an abandoned shrine on their way. The woman stopped her tracks, looking at the shrine upon her. The samurai, realizing his wife was not beside him anymore, looked back and saw her staring at the shrine.

Azumi? what are you doing?” The samurai asks as he makes his way to his wife, Azumi.

With her hands placed at her chest she says “I realized that we never spoke our vows. We just signed the marriage contract, when we were young.” 

“Can we at least say it here?” Azumi asked, turning to her husband.

Her husband gives her a small but loving smile, holding her hand. “Of course we can.”

As they entered the shrine, her husband lit up the incense sticks in the incense burner, as Azumi took off her face veil and her husband took off his Kasa and glasses. Before facing each other, hands entwined, with one hand holding each other's ring.

“You go first.” her husband says with a soft smile making Azumi chuckle, looking at him with love and adoration.

Mizu.. I, Azumi, will hold and cherish your love until my death, as the world will give you shame and pain, I will always and forever choose to stay by your side. Every battle we encounter I will fight to protect you, even if it was a battle between a God. I promise to stand by you, to support you no matter what, everyday, forever and ever. With this ring, I vow to be your wife”

Mizu locks his gaze at Azumi, caressing her hands, he responds “My Azumi, my childhood sweetheart, l swear to love you and support you no matter what. I pledge to be your husband. Together, we'll travel through and face the challenges that the world gives us. I am yours, As you are mine. And with this ring, I vow to be your wife/husband“ (a/n: PLZ JUST PICK CUZ IDK WH TO USE)

and now.. they sealed their vows with a passionate kiss