➽Chapter 48

"Hi!" Meher greeted him after the call ended

"Hi gaya khade mei give me a hug Mrs Chauhan!" Samay said pulling her into a hug, the two of them didn't notice the Mrs Chauhan but Kyle who just entered the room surely did. "So in love these idiots are!" he thought before quickly exiting the room to give the couple some much needed privacy.

Neither did Samay nor Meher understand how their faces leaned towards each other and their lips met.

Maybe it was the sudden realisation of their feelings or the adrenaline or the longing, they shared their first kiss. A slow yet full of emotions kiss. Not a dramatic passionate one like the movies but something that conveyed every feeling they felt.

"Sam!"

"I love you Mimi!"

"I....I need time." Meher said, her eyes cast down, afraid to look in his eyes. Samay on the other hand smiled a little and clearing his throat said, "You have all the time you need, Mimi. Yahi hu main."

Hearing that Meher looked up at him, she never thought he would say that ever. Meher saw his smile, small but present and not sad and his eyes, they held a very intense emotion, an emotion she wouldn't be able to point out had he not said it out loud, love.

Meher averts her gaze from him and leaves the room, making way to the terrace meanwhile Samay in the room relaxes on the bed, she needed time and he had a forever with him was all he knew.

Meher leaned on the terrace railing and took in a deep breath his mind replaying what Samay said, 'I love you, Mimi.'

'Do I actually love him?" Meher thought and closed her eyes trying to recollect times spent with him.

Moments spent together, their banters and fights and the way he was so annoying and irritating flashed before her eyes the only change was, she did not feel irritated. Not like she used to feel.

'You traveling for a special reason I feel, child?'

'Ahh! Young love! I was the same in my youth, so happy to meet my lover who used to work in Dubai then.'

Meher groaned in frustration. "I wish it was easy yaar. Is it love or is it not?" Meher complained. She decided to get coffee and clear her head before it started to pain.

She entered the cafe nearby and sat at the corner. She was reading the menu when she heard her name being called. On looking up, she saw a familiar face, Jason standing in front of her, a cup of coffee his hand.

"Hey Jason." Meher said with a small smile on her face, gesturing him to sit with her.

"How are you?" Meher asked and Jason politely replied with an 'I'm fine.'

The waitress arrived and took Meher's order and soon brought it. Meher sipped her coffee and sighed, already feeling relaxed and Jason chuckled.

A minute or so passed and it was getting awkward so Meher said "How's it living with Sam? Quite fun, no?"

Jason groaned causing Meher to laugh. "Sam's the best roommate out there." Jason said sarcastically and Meher chuckled.

"I think I'd know." Meher said, understanding Jason's plight. Jason sighed and said, "Oh I bet you don't know."

Meher could've handled Samay for long but he handled a pining Samay, a jealous Samay, an in-denial Samay and just Samay in general.

Meher rolled her eyes at him and sipped her coffee, silence falling over then again.

"Jason, have you ever loved?" Meher asked out of nowhere causing Jason to choke on the coffee he was drinking. Meher immediately got up and pat his back, she wouldn't hear the end of it from Samay if his best friend died due to her.

Jason eventually calmed down and wiped his eyes. "I'm so sorry." Meher said and Jason laughed it off and asked her to repeat what she said.

"Um, have you ever, you know, loved someone?" Meher repeated, now unsure due to Jason's initial reaction.

Jason knew what and who she was talking about but he hadn't been in love like that ever. "Yeah, I have loved people like my family and friends, my pet dog. Why?" He said with mirth dancing in his eyes, laughing inside seeing Meher deflate at his answer.

"Oh, never romantic love?" Meher asked, hoping he would know something about it.

"Not really, but I like to think it's the same as all the love I mentioned. Family that you love, you go there and you feel peace, like home. If you love a person just as much then with that person, there will come a feeling of peace, like home. At least that's what I feel." Jason said, shrugging at last.

That made Meher think, how did she feel with Samay? Was it the same? Did Samay actually feel like it was home with her too?

They sat in silence, quietly sipping their coffee and left once they were done. Jason happy with the progress in Samay and Meher's relationship and Meher was lost thinking about everything.

That night Samay and Meher both couldn't sleep peacefully. Him thinking about Meher and Meher trying to know what her feelings were.

✦✧✦✧

There were cheers in the crowd as soon as Samay stepped on stage and to say Meher was proud of him was an understatement.

They had deep and emotional songs but towards the end of the concert there were more love based songs. The crowd sang along, some crying, some wishing for such love but all with smiles.

"So guys, sorry to interrupt but these few songs that were played right now are dedicated to someone special." Kyle started and Jason grinned at him. Samay was confused whereas Mark gave a knowing smile when Kyle winked at him.

"And that someone special is our very own Samay's girl." Mark ended. The look of utter disbelief and shock quite evident on Samay's face whereas Meher stood frozen in place.

"Can we please have Meher on stage?" Kyle called out and Samay glared at him. If looks could kill, you know Kyle would be long dead but he couldn't care less.

Meher was trying to comprehend everything when Jason walked off stage and towards her, took hold of her hand and guided her to the stage.

Samay glared at him with narrow eyes and Jason only wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at him, oh this was fun.

"Sam, won't you sing her a song now that she's up here?" Jason said and Kyle and Mark cheered them on along with the crowd cheering and hooting for the two.

Samay took hold of Meher's hand and asked her if she was okay and when she nodded, he sang a song, a song just for her while the rest of the band and crowd swayed to the music, hands in the air with the flashlights on their phone on.

As the song ended, Meher hugged Samay which he reciprocated, smiling wide as if someone actually hung up stars and moons for him. It was peace, home.

Meher sighed feeling his arms around her, her body relaxing. She felt safe and protected. Like Jason said, it was peace, like home.

"I love you." Meher whispered in his ear causing Samay to freeze in his place. He whispered back to her, "Sach?"

Meher parted from the hug and nodded, "Pakka wala." Samay grinned at her, a smile which could forever influence hers as he lifted her and spun her around causing the crowd to go wild.

Meher, when back on her feet, leaned into Samay, a peaceful smile on her face. The crowd finally lost it as Samay kissed Meher's forehead, tightly wrapping her in a hug.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Hello guys!

Did you like the chapter?

The story ends here

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
Niyati!