🎄

[ IN NOVEMBER...]

Hana sat down on the couch covered in warm blankets, still half asleep. She woke up from a dog barking outside and realized how late it was anyway. After taking the first sip of her coffee, she sighed. "It's so cold today. I kinda wish there was an evil spirit around so that I could warm up my muscles."

As she put down her coffee on the table, she heard a scream coming from one side of the couch and a few seconds later she got pushed down by the person who's scream came from. "You don't need an evil spirit to warm you up! We can always cuddle."

It was Mun. Hana's boyfriend of a few weeks. The thing about having dated for only a few weeks is that both of them are still quite shy with each other, and most romantic things were said and not done. Hence, they haven't even had their first kissed yet. Yes, a few pecks on the cheek here and there, hugs of course, but never an actual proper kiss on the lips. The two are like one of those highschool couples, who barely hold hands with each other.

That's what happens when part of your childhood gets ripped out of your hands.

Hana gently pushed her boyfriend off of her and they both sat back up. "Or we can train, like normal counters," Hana said, embarrassed about Mun's suggestion. She couldn't control that little smile on her face though, so she quickly covered her mouth with one hand.

"Who are you hiding that smile from? Is it too pretty it can kill me?" Mun took Hana's hand away from her mouth. Her face became red with embarrassement.

"I'm not cold anymore, thanks," she said with a gigle, getting up from the couch with her coffee. Mun followed his girlfriend to the kitchen. "Wanna help me put up the Christmas tree when you finished that coffee?"

Hana paused for a second and then looked at Mun. "Christmas is in a month, though," she frowned.
"It's never too early," he giggled.

The woman got closer to Mun. "Okay, fine. I'll return the favor, since you accompanied me inside that haunted house at Halloween."

Hana was more of a Halloween person than a Christmas person, and Mun was the opposite.

-

As they finished doing the less fun part, which is stabilizing the Christmas tree, the two were ready to decorate it. Mun brought around 3 boxes full of tinsel, fairy lights and baubles. "That might not be enough," Hana commented ironically.

After putting down the boxes, Hana unraveled the tinsel and fairy lights as Mun put on some Christmas music on his speaker. As soon as it started playing, Mun hummed melody perfectly. Hana giggled arms crossed as she stared at her boyfriend with a smile.

"When people ask you your favorite music genre, do you say Christmas songs?" She asked.

"Well, no that's embarrassing. But it's true," he winked.

The two started to put fairy lights on the tree, then the tinsel, then the baubles. A couple songs have played and when the third one came on, Mun froze. A big smile appeared on his face and Hana tilted her head, confused. "What's wrong?"

The man grabbed Hana's hand and pulled her towards the center of the room. "It's my favorite song! It's great to dance to."

Mun's feet naturally stepped back and forward with the rhythm, while Hana was struggling a little to follow. Then, she felt a hand grab her waist. "Follow my lead~" Mun whispered.

Around 10 seconds later, Hana could follow the rhythm pretty well.

Her boyfriend made her twirl a couple times. She barely noticed his free harm lifting up like as if he was trying to grab something with psychokinesis.

Mun pulled Hana, leaving her slightly hanging down while he was holding her. She looked above his head to see a floating piece of mistletoe above them.

Hana giggled. "Smart," she said, trying to not panic at the fact that they were about to have their first kiss. "Well," Mun eyed her lips, "you know the tradition."

The tension was rising quickly, and Hana couldn't wait any longer. She wrapped both her arms around his neck and pulled into a kiss.

Pulling back out, Mun steadied both of them back up in a normal standing position. The man clearly processed what happened a little later because the mistletoe fell back down and bumped onto his head before gently hitting the floor.

Hana snorted. "You idiot," she kissed his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you more," he answered, still half in a daze.

-

Mun got up as quickly as he could. He didn't bother getting dressed, he just shot into the living room in his pyjamas.

Underneath the Christmas tree were lots and lots of presents. Mun rushed up to them and crouched down. He sighed as he saw that his presents for everyone were there.

Some gentle creaking of the floor getting closer and closer could be heard. "Morning~" a sleepy voice rasped. Hana appeared in the room, still in pyjamas and hair messy.

Mun got up and ran to hug his girlfriend. "Good morning, love," he said as she hugged back, still half asleep. Mun stepped back to show the presents. "Merry Christmas!"

-

As everyone got up, they all got in a circle on the ground to open the presents.

Miss Chu got some kitchen utensils and beautiful flowers from Jangmul. Motak got some coupons for the spa and some weights. Jeokbong got a cow plush and a gardening kit. Jangmul got a beautiful portrait of the gang made by Mun and other small stuff. Mun got 2 tickets for a fair, everyone looked at Hana as he asked who they thought he'd go with. Hana got many plants and other room decorations.

The counters then had a nice big meal and went back to their own things for the rest of the day. "Sounds like even the evil spirits took a vacation!" Motak joked.

Mun and Hana went for a small walk together a little later. The snow was falling and kids were playing all around the couple.

Holding hands, they mostly admired the nice scenery in silence.

"Hana," Mun started. The woman turned her head towards Mun, waiting for the rest of the sentence.

"I know we agreed to give all our presents together with the others, but I have one last one for you."

Hana smiled. "That's a relief. I got one last one for you too."

"Oh," Mun giggled, relieved.

He got something out of his pocket. It was a pretty small navy blue bag with a bow on it. "It's cheesy..."

Hana shook her head to reassure him she's grateful for anything. She gently opened the bag and pulled out a beautiful necklace. It had a piece of lapis lazuli hanging from it.

The woman smiled wider and lifted the necklace to have a better look at the stone. "This is beautiful, Mun, thank you," she said quietly.

As Mun helped her put it on, Hana grabbed her own present for her boyfriend. "It's nothing as special as what you got me," she rambled.

Hana pulled out two tickets.

"Since we don't usually have time for only us two," she started, "I thought we could soon treat ourselves to a few days off. We could go do all the cheesy couple stuff you always talk about."

Mun paused then hugged his girlfriend. "I love you, Hana."

Hana hugged him back. "I love you more, Mun."