𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐅𝐅

CALL IT OFF
a matt sturniolo fanfiction by -THEGREATSIMP-

❝ when you decided to knock on my doordid you remember what happened before?the look on your face said you were expecting morebut some things look better inside of the store ❞

did you remember what happened before?
the look on your face said you were expecting more
but some things look better inside of the store ❞

ZARA ROSSI AND MATT STURNIOLO are your classic on-again/off-again relationship. ever since their first hook-up freshman year, they've been coming back to each other time and time again. their dynamic is predominantly physical, with their time spent with each other being fueled by passion rather than emotional intimacy. the only reason it is that way is because of matt. being a member of the ucla hockey team known to whisper in one too many girls' ears at parties, has earned a reputation as a playboy.

matt doesn't commit and he makes it known. zara accepted that part of their relationship for a long time. their routine takes an unexpected turn when zara, tired of the draining repetitive cycle, decides to call things off and end things with matt for good. unaccustomed to such finality, matt initially dismisses her decision, believing it to be another passing whim. however, he is in for a rude awakening when he discovers that zara has moved on and is now in a relationship with someone else.

caught off guard, matt scoffs at the fact that zara has moved on. there's no way she is. no way she has real feelings for the guy. not after that 'i love you' he heard her whisper in his ear one drunken night. matt is thinking she should end it. you know, just so she doesn't hurt the poor guy.

❝ my girlfriend, my girlfriend, call herself my girlfriend
tell me that we 'posed to be together 'til the world end
but i don't really feel that
i just really wanna turn the wheels back
give you all your sweaters and your heels back
convince you that time will heal that ❞