"Well, the album was really fun to record. Especially because we tried out many new styles and tried to find the perfect way to bring out everyone's fitting voice." Hongjoong smiled at the interviewer, then looked at the camera with a closed-eye smile and turned to the interviewer again.

When Seonghwa started talking, his eyes darted to him. Their eyes met briefly, then Seonghwa turned to the interviewer again.

Hongjoong's eyes slowly traced Seonghwa's soft features, his long black hair, down to his jawline and cleavage. Trying to imprint the shape of his collar bones in his mind, he watched his chest heave with every giggle and then slowly eying his bobbing adam's apple and then his lips.

The way they moved with every word he told kept him captivated with all the sentences Hongjoong couldn't comprehend. He was focused on the softness of those lips, his mind blank. Slowly, his eyes traced Seonghwa's perfect nose, then focussing on those beautifully dark brown eyes that shone so brightly with adoration of whatever it was he talked about.

Seonghwa's face turned, their eyes meeting as he spoke to the interviewer with a smile.

"... And Hongjoong was probably the most hard-working member in this comeback."

"Oh, really? What was it like, composing and mixing the album?", the interviewer asked, looking right at Hongjoong.

Hongjoong's eyes instantly darted back to the interviewer, he cleared his throat awkwardly and smiled again. "Well, I can't lie, it was pretty exhausting. But it was really fun. I was at the studio with Mingi, Eden and the producing team and tried to find the perfect mix for every song. The writing itself was pretty easy because the lyrics mostly just came to us naturally and with the help of everyone, we did pretty well, I think."

The interview went on and during it, Hongjoong totally didn't think about the way Seonghwa's eyes shone brighter than the sun when he was asked about their recording.

He absolutely didn't think about those perfect collar bones that stood out because of the low-cut black shirt Seonghwa wore.

And he surely didn't think about how his plushy pink tinted lips would feel against his own.

No, he just... Didn't... Right?

The drive back to their hotel was mostly chaotic because of San and Wooyoung bickering, Seonghwa in front of them beside Jongho and Hongjoong in the back beside Yeosang, Yunho and Mingi giggling in the front seats. They stayed in New York for another interview this time.

Hongjoong watched the cars driving by in the rain outside, a small smile on his lips as he looked at the reflection of Seonghwa who laughed at something Jongho said, then at the reflection of Wooyoung and San still bickering but holding hands, not noticing how Yeosang watched him carefully until he felt a light tab on his shoulder.

His head whipped around, looking at Yeosang questioningly.

His voice was quiet, keeping low to only reach Hongjoong's ears.

"You should talk to him."

"Who?" Hongjoong asked, confused.

"To Seonghwa. The staring was pretty obvious in the last few interviews we held," he whispered, his voice covered by Wooyoung's loud laugh.

"I- I don't know what you're talking about," Hongjoong rushed, his head whipping around to face the lane beside him again, his cheeks hot.

His gaze unconsciously darted to Seonghwa's reflection again.

"Yeah, yeah. Lie to yourself all you want. It's your problem then," Yeosang rolled his eyes, smiling.

"Shut up," Hongjoong mumbled, making Yeosang laugh out loud.