Prologue

5 pm na ng masundo ko ang anak ko sa school.

"Is she your classmate?" I asked my daughter Cerina.

"Yes daddy. she's Skylee, my friend here."

"Then why is she picking up your books and cleaning your bag?" I asked my daughter again.

"It's her choice.. if she want to be my friend then she have to do that and if she don't do that then I won't be her friend." Napakunot ang noo ko ng marinig 'yon sakanya.

"That's bad, Cerina. Hindi 'yan ang tinuro sayo ni daddy." Tumingin ako sa batang tinutukoy niya.

she's beautiful. "hey, Sk-Sky? Am I right?"

Masaya siyang tumayo galing sa pag liligpit ng kalat ng anak ko at lumapit. "I'm Skylee!" She looked at me na parang wala lang sakanya ang pinapagawa ng anak ko. My daughter is a lil bit spoiled sa mother niya kaya siguro sanay na sanay 'tong si Cerina.

"That's a beautiful name. Like you." I smiled at her.

"Thank you po." She smiled at me again, and that smile is a little bit, familiar.

"Paging Skylee Rainierre Angeles."

"Uh-babye po! I have to go I think my mummy is already looking for me.. babye Cerina thank you for today." she smiled at my daughter before leaving.

"Uhm, let's go?"

"Babe, you're here." Sassy, my girlfriend.

"Yes, I already picked-up Cerina at school."

"When are we going back to Japan?"

"Maybe few months or more. Ang dami ko pang inaasikaso dito, hindi ko muna maisisingit 'yan."

"Babe, pwede mo parin naman magawa 'yan do'n. Mas magaganda ang opportunities sa Japan. You don't have to worry about money. You know that."

Nag-bugtong hininga ako. "Yes but if you're that rush to go back there, you're free. I have some works that I need to do in here. So please." I sighed.

Umalis ako at mag-papahangin dito sa coffee shop.

"Sir what's your ord--"

My eyes were shocked seeing the girl in front of me.

"Shi?" I smiled, "Anong ginagawa mo rito?"

"Kram! Ikaw pala, hahaha!" Ngumiti siya. But I know she feels awkward. "Nag t-trabaho."

"Mag Treat ako. Since ngayon nalang ulit kita nakita. Ano oras off mo?" I smiled excitedly.

"7 pm pa. 7 pm pa yung kapalit ko.."

Tumingin ako sa relo ko, "okay goods! 1 hr and 2 mins left. I'll wait you."

-

"So, how's life?" I asked her.

"Okay lang. kailangan ko mag-trabaho para sa anak ko, hindi ako pwede mag tamad."

"May anak ka na?" I asked, because I was shocked.

"Hahaha. Ano pa bang ieexpect mo sa'kin Kram? 24 na'ko. Ano? Pa-teenager? Hahahaha."

"Ako din." I smiled. "May pamilya na rin."

She looked down, "Congratulations."

"Do you ever think how long have we been together if we both didn't broke up?"

"10 years." She continuously looked down she can't even look at my eyes.

"Mummy." A girl, a baby girl.

"Skylee, be careful.."

"Uh! I already met you!" Ngumiti ako sakanya at umakma na makipag-apir.

She smiled. "Kilala mo anak ko?"

"Uh, yes. I met her at Kindergarten sa Global."

"Do'n din nag-aaral anak mo?"

"Yes. They are classmates and friends actually.."

"Cute naman. Buti naman may friends ka na? Diba mummy told you na dapat mabait ka lagi sa mga bata do'n?"

"I always do that mummy.."

"How old is she?" I asked Shi. "Is she five? Because if she's five, then she's as same age as my daughter."

"N-no.. S-she's turning 5 on July.."

-

Parang kinurot ang puso ko sa mga narinig ko.

I thought you don't want a child..

Then why you have it now with someone else.

We plan this together before...

But you pursue and make it with someone..

It hurts me,, It hurts me seeing you happy with your own family. And while me and skylee fighting for our own lives.

I am the first person you gave a love. And that love is Skylee.

and I am the first person you dreamt to be your wife someday.. 

then why you have to be with someone else?