.

It was a chilly, early morning in this perfect suburban neighborhood. The whole block  appeared festive for the holidays with many lights and decorations displayed. Snow was beginning to fall, and within one of the many nice homes, a young man was already starting his peaceful morning.

Alpha, along with his blonde labrador companion, made his way downstairs wearing his silky pajamas and a pair of fluffy slippers to match. He gave a big inhale as he smelled the coffee automatically beginning to brew. He poured himself two mugs of coffee, with nothing else. Drinking from his own mug with a design on it that read, "SEE YOU IN COURT", Alpha looked out his window taking in the sun that was beginning to bloom outside.

"Ahhh~ what a great morning, probably because I woke up, you're welcome world!"

"Never too early to be full of yourself huh Alphie?"

Charlie had begun his descent from the stairs, wearing an old white shirt with one too many holes in it, along with a pair of old boxers with questionable marks

Charlie had begun his descent from the stairs, wearing an old white shirt with one too many holes in it, along with a pair of old boxers with questionable marks. Swiping his messy hair aside, he joined Alpha in the kitchen, grabbing his own mug Alpha had just prepared. Charlie's mug had a design of a few seahorses, to which he began to drink from.

"I'm so glad it's the weekend, this week has been crazy over at the lab. It took forever to account for the new fishes that got shipped in," Charlie began as he also lost his gaze to the festive neighborhood out their window.

"Counting fishies??! I had to juggle like two lawsuits this week. But ya, I'm glad I finished all my work stuff to enjoy my weekend with you." Alpha nudged Charlie as he took another sip of his coffee.

"Ya I can't remember the last time we had a weekend to enjoy together. I don't mind just staying in with you," Charlie winked.

Their dog barked in response to Charlie's comment.

"Oh and you too have been getting better along haven't you guys?" Alpha said, starting his baby tone as he began to pet his dog.

"Ya honestly I'm getting used to the little guy, at least he sometimes sleeps in his own bed."

"Uhm Charlie that bed was actually for you-OW Kidding! Duh. Anyways! I've been thinking..."

Alpha leaned into his partner's shoulder. "You really want to continue this...stinky..fish scientist-."

"Marine biologist" Charlie corrected.

"-Yes marine biologist job. I'm making so much money now that you can just quit your job and be a stay at home wife-er husband! You wouldn't have to sweat over work anymore."

"Aw that's sweet Alpha, but I want to continue this job, I love what I do. Plus it's been a year since we just bought this house, and I want to make sure we're on time with the mortgage. It's too early to start being behind."

"Oh please Charlie! With my job and new firm coming soon, I'm pretty sure I will make enough to make the payments and cover both of us...maybe even some kids too."