Roses 🌹🥀

Ending a relationship is not something simple, much less a process that can be carried without pain or regrets, that was what that young man thought as he lay lying on his bed, two months ago had returned to live at his mother's house after having lived for more than a year with his partner or should I say ex-partner.

He did not want to go on like this, he certainly did not want to live the rest of his life lying in bed, however his desire to do anything was overshadowed by his post-breakup grief and the little strength he had in his body.

He had stopped crying after the first week yet his heart felt very heavy, it was as if a viral part that made him function at his best had been ripped out, now without that part he could not go on or at least not like before.

He knew he was still young and had much to live, people to meet, places to visit but just at that moment it was as if his life had been put on hold, just imagine doing any of the things mentioned above was an absurd idea and his mind did nothing but return to that night in that apartment that fateful day where everything had come to an end.

Although the breakup was agreed by both parties and although he knew it was the best they could do at that moment, it was not less painful, perhaps it was the opposite because at the end of the day both were aware of how much they loved each other but their ideals no longer coincided, both had very different plans not to mention that the last month the relationship began to become something toxic and dependent, they did not want to ruin with bitter memories the beautiful relationship they had for more than two years because as I mentioned they still loved each other, making that decision was not easy but they knew they did not want to keep hurting each other, they preferred to end it now than in the future when the emotional damage would be irreparable and only resentment towards their partner would remain in their heart instead of love as it was at that moment.

They wanted to make it worth the pain they were experiencing, pain that perhaps now was like hell itself yet they knew that in the future they would heal, they would eventually continue with the passage of time and when that happened they wanted more than anything to remember each other with a smile on their face, because that was how their love was from the beginning it was joyful and warm like a summer afternoon.

Yechan:
Hyung I'm still very hurt is it because I keep thinking about you, my mind can't help it I still don't want to forget that night...

I'm on my way to see you again, we agreed that today I will pick up the last things I left at your house, the house we shared for more than a year.

I can feel my heart beating strongly in my chest as I get closer and closer to your door, in a burst of courage is that I knock on that door like the first time I was here, the keys rest in the bottom of my backpack but I don't dare to use them anymore, not even because it will be the last time I can muster up the courage.

You open the door letting me see your face and you welcome me with a smile as you always did while we were together, for a second you make me feel like everything is fine.

I follow you into the living room, everything seems so changed that I start to feel dizzy I even feel like I'm seeing double, I can swear these walls are talking as I walk into the apartment.
You know since then I haven't come out of our bubble, I miss those quiet mornings while we both prepare breakfast and then talk about anything, am I the only one who wants them back?
I finish gathering the things I was missing, I take one last look before I go to look for you to let you know I'm done, to say goodbye.

-Yechan I just want to wish you the best, I hope you achieve everything you told me about one day, I know you can do it, I have always believed in you. I won't be there to see you achieve it but be sure that I would be very happy for you, don't forget to eat well and don't stay awake too much because I know how much the same thing affects you. I was very happy the time we were together even with our ups and downs, I am glad to have coincided with you. If one day we meet in the future I hope we can greet each other with joy, you will always have an important place in my heart because you were not only my partner but a great friend and colleague. I will miss you, take care of yourself Yechannie, go and follow your dreams.

I give you a hug, the last hug. While I hold you in my arms I saw something that caught my attention, they were delicately wrapped in a paper on your desk.

Who gave you all those roses? I wish I hadn't noticed because now I feel my heart shrinking at the thought of someone else wanting to get into your heart.

It's been four months since I last saw you, I don't dare to pass by the places we used to frequent because everything is full of you.

My mind torturing me remembering those roses.

Jaehan Who gave you those roses? Will you let them die or grow
After much thought I decided it's time to move on so I've bought a bunch of hyacinths and moved to another city, looking for someone I could give 'em to

Jaehan & Yechan despite their age difference always knew how to cope and they complemented each other perfectly. However their story was not as they imagined it and it ended much sooner than it took to start, it never crossed the couple's mind to separate until that occasion when fights were becoming more frequent, where dreams started to become individual and hurtful words came out of their mouths something that had never happened before, after all this was that they came to that decision, it was not lack of love as many might think, that was always in abundance. They were the right people at the wrong time, even when they tried to make it their perfect moment, life was the one that showed them the reality.

It wasn't the right time, maybe in the future it would be. Maybe in the future they would meet again after fulfilling their dreams, being more mature, having more experience in love, maybe after greeting each other they would go for a coffee for old times sake and talk about their life, they would exchange their numbers to keep in touch, they would start talking again as well as those feelings they thought were gone would start to wake up and even stronger than the first time because after all they were for each other.

We won't know for sure how it will happen because destiny will take care of that, the only thing I know is that they will certainly meet again.

------------------------------------------

Inspired by the song "Roses" by Perder Elias.
If you read this I would love to know your opinion about it!

-Moon 🌙