一歩万血/One step, Thousands of blood

The moment I drew my final breath, two faces seemed to overlap before my eyes. One almost forgotten in my past, one I recently lost contact with. The features became identical, I chuckled at the late realization. My vision was hampered by the darkness, but my heart had never been more light in that single second.

He was the one who repainted my dull life.

【1】

I drank from the wine bottle on my bedside table before collapsing next to him, panting. Our sweats were entwined, and our skin contrasted. He leaned in and kissed me deeply before quickly parting to cough his lungs out terribly.

Who would have guessed that this large pillar owner had such poor health? He didn't appear when I was riding him, apparently. I recall frowning when I first discovered it, but he explained it's chronic, so I got used to it.

Though there were times when I wished I might find a cure to alleviate his pain.

He grabbed my waist and jerked me out of my reverie. He rammed me from behind, and the squelching sounds from the existing wetness still made me blush.

My breath shortened, eyes widened, tongue extended as his grip on my throat tightened. I loved it when he remembered what I liked and when I wanted it.

His health sucked, but his martial arts and room service were much beyond mine.

And I was already an assassin by profession.

【2】

I was a changed person. He was too freaky last night. As if it were our final moonlight dance. And this would have been my corpse speaking if I were a regular person.

He left before I awoke, saying to have urgent business. I wanted to tear the letter like it was him. All of my senses warned me that something was wrong. However, I was quickly distracted by new responsibilities and unexpected visitors.

It took me another three months to recover from the mission. The target was the former reign's crown prince, disguised as a male brothel's servant. Tricky and unpredictable. So I wound up with more poison than anticipated.

Porcelain Skin was nowhere to be found. I came to a halt in the midst of a bustling market street, remembering I didn't have his contact information. He was always the one who got to me. He was always able to locate me.

I was overcome with a sense of defeat.

I think I had lost him.

【3】

Attachments are lethal to assassins. Those are liability, burdens, risks, weaknesses. You name it.

I had been one of the top assassins of our time by having none.

Parentless. Houseless. No origin.

I eventually became someone who made other people's lives similar to mine.

Some said the training made me that way, and tried to change me.

Others mocked that I was born that way. That's why I was abandoned.

It seemed that I had been abandoned once more.

I thought Porcelain Skin was different from others.

【4】

A woman in black was burning hell money at a tombstone as I was passing by, finishing up my tanghulu. The tombstone looked fairly new, perhaps a few months old. I guessed it was their 100th day.

I had no idea what had gotten into me. But I collected some wild flowers and placed them at the tombstone after the woman left. Though it was dark, I could still tell the tombstone was nameless.