𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐏

Hanahaki Disease (花吐き病 ; 하나하키병 ; 花吐病 ) is a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals that enter their lungs, this being occasioned from a one-sided love

Hanahaki Disease (花吐き病 ; 하나하키병 ; 花吐病 ) is a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals that enter their lungs, this being occasioned from a one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings in a romantic manner, or when the victim dies. This disease is not incurable, as it can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

"Thank you for your purchase, have a wonderful day!" The florist said her stock phrase, as she waved at the last client of the day. Her smile looked less forced as she sighed and closed the door, hurrying to change the sign from 'open' to 'closed'. It had been a long day, and she couldn't wait to go home.

She approached her two colleagues, who had also been working the night shift. They gave each other a tired smile, yet she could tell that one of them was distracted by some thought.

"You have been dozing off all day. Is there something that worries you?"

The girl who was talked to looked a bit startled, before she chuckled nervously. "Ah, yes, my bad. My mind just had a random thought that I have been overthinking for a while."

"Hm... would you mind telling us what it is?"

"It's kind of dumb... but I guess that I do need to share it. Do you know what Hanahaki disease is?"

"Oh! The fictional disease? Yeah, I know it. It's a trope that has been used a lot in series, mostly East Asian... have you been thinking about it because we work with flowers?"

"Hehe, you could say that" The girl looked quite embarrassed at someone explaining her reasoning out loud, with their face reddening a bit. "But just imagine!" She moved closer to the daisies, caressing them with her hand. "Coughing flowers, suffering everyday just because of someone... I understand that they are in love, but isn't that being a bit too self sacrificing?"

For her tone, it was quite obvious that she found the idea ridiculous. "You do have a point. But I guess... some people are desperate enough to let themselves wither if that means that they will be able to keep loving that person" Was the final reply of her coworker, which left the girl satisfied enough.

But what would happen... if this disease wasn't so fictional after all?

 if this disease wasn't so fictional after all?

original applyfic by nae, mai & tia

DEDICATIONS...

WITHER3D -UltPark0urArtist- JustAG_y hannitique SVNDVST aetherzu Pikopop Epiphany_Dewdrop Thatoneplanet_Mars -Odiul_ Pastelle_Pascalia bedositez -scftpeachxs littleredyus Ribzyz ayceofcrow- luvrena TRUE-EGOIST voxxanumii !!

mai dedications !!

tia dedications !!

┊┊┊┊⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
┊┊┊☆ *   * ⋆
┊┊★ *
┊┊* . * ✦
┊☆ ° ✧    ·
★*

your tags (5+) here !!

...10+ votes for next chapter...