Chapter 1

Mark woke up with a splitting headache, his head was pounding relentlessly. He forced himself to open his eyes, only to just see a blurry vision instead.

He was…in a dark room? Mark tried moving, but he couldn't. Instead he felt a cold steel against him, restraining his arms and legs. It hurt.

There was someone in front of him.

“Good morning, Mark!” Billy said in a singing tone.

Something was wrong.

Billy suddenly put the lights on, which mercilessly blinded Mark's eyes. It took a while for his eyes to adjust to the light, but even then his vision was still foggy.

Mark's fur rubbed against the hard table. It was uncomfortable. His body started trembling against his will, he didn't know if it was because of the cold or because of what Billy Hendricks might do next.

A clang of metal could be heard. Mark could hear Billy's footsteps get closer to him. His heart started racing.

“It's okay Mark, I'm just helping you–” he clucked his tongue–“we don't want you looking like him now, do we?”

Billy brought a chainsaw and positioned it near Mark's new grown horns. Before Mark could react, Billy sawed his horn with the chainsaw. Tears pricked his eyes and he could not stop them from overflowing. A scream emerged from the little monster.

The pain spread to his whole body, it felt like it was burning. His mind tried to block it out, but it was too overwhelming. He tried to beg and plead but the words wouldn't come out of his mouth no matter how hard he tried, as he was sobbing too hard.

He could hear a thud. And realised that it was probably one of his horns falling off on the ground. There was one more to go.

Warm blood trickled down from Mark's head and drops of it landed on his shaking body. He couldn't breathe, he felt like he was going to die.

He looked at Billy to see cold uncaring eyes stare at him. He didn't give him a moment of rest before harshly sawing off his other horn, even with more force this time.

Mark screamed again, his throat was sore from all the screaming. He tried to get out of the things that were holding him down. He jolted up, in hopes that it'll release him, but it didn't. A sharp pain shot down on his limbs.

Billy Hendricks was saying something– probably telling Mark to stop resisting. But he couldn't hear him, his voice was somehow muffled, he could not focus on anything other than the pain that was killing him.

Mark stopped trying to escape after a while. His limbs felt like jelly and he could not move. The pain was still there, but it's not as overwhelming as before. Mark took in a shaky breath, glad that it was finally over.

He was drenched in sweat and blood, and the bed he was on was uncomfortable as it was too tight. He could die from blood loss right now. But he didn't dare complain. It would just make Billy mad.

Mark closed his eyes. Maybe this was how he was going to die, but he didn't care anymore. Maybe then, at least he'll finally be free from this hell.