𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 9

⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅♤⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅⤅

8 years earlier earlier

You adjusted your school uniform, the courtyard being empty minus you and the boy standing nervously in front of you. An awkward silence spanned between the two of you as you waited patiently for him to speak, watching as he fidgeted uncomfortably under your gaze.

"Why did you call me out here?" You weren't stupid, it was obvious why he had called for you to meet him after school, however your voice was soft and non accusing. You weren't in a rush, so you didn't mind giving him however long he needed, however you were hoping to get some free time after classes to go harass Naoya.

The boy was handsome, you couldn't deny that. He was tall with a great physical build and a face to match, you wouldn't be surprised if he had his own long list of potential suitors, in fact you were sure he had received his own set of confessions.

"I.. uh..." His response came after a few seconds of silence, the sheer loudness of his confession catching you by surprise. "I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me?" It seemed to have surprised him too because of how wide his eyes became. "I think you're really cute!"

There it was. You sighed heavily, feeling sorry for the rejection you were inevitably going to give out. You had no interest in anyone at your school.

"I'm so sorry, but I'm interested in someone else." Your tone was softer than before, not wanting to rub salt into his figurative wounds. You almost felt bad for him as you watched him visibly deflate, but that's just how it is.

"Oh.. Okay, thank you for your time." After thanking you for your time the boy departed, leaving you seemingly alone in the courtyard.

"What a loser." Naoya scoffed, tapping away on his keyboard trying to finish an assignment.

"At least he was polite." You laughed, watching Naoya's reaction to your retelling of the confession that had happened a few short hours before.

You were sitting lazily on his bed, watching as he worked on his school work while still listening to you. Toji had left to go to the bathroom but returned before the tail end of your story.

"Polite my ass, he probably left to go confess to the next girl." Toji, who had just entered the room, snickered before plopping down beside you, responding to Naoya's glare by flipping him off.

As brothers, the two of them weren't as close as a regular pair of siblings, but you seemed to bring them together. The only time they'd spend time together was when you were around..

"Whatever, I wouldn't be surprised if he did." You shrugged, pulling out your phone to check your notifications. "It's not like I was interested in him at all anyways so it really doesn't matter to me."

"He probably knew nothing about you anyways." Naoya's grip tightened on his mouse as he spoke, trying his hardest to focus on his computer so he could suppress the small smile threatening to break out across his face. He hated hearing your confession stories, knowing all these different people wanted to be with you. "Not as much as I do at least." He hardly thought of them as competition, he knew no one could replicate the feelings he had for you.