1. Pregnant

General Hospital.

Amanda Selwyn's hands clenched around the report as she dazedly stared at the doctor.

"Im-im pregnant?"

Pregnant? It was a bittersweet surprise. She could not believe her ears.

How did that happen?

She was excited, really excited but she was a little scared for the outcome of everything. How would everyone else take this?

"Remember to come in for regular appointments. It's very important for the wellbeing of both you and the baby. Where is the father? Call him in. I have some instructions for him."

The doctor's words snapped her out of her thoughts. "Actually Sir, My husband is not here with me today," she replied with an awkward smile.

"Even if he's busy, he should still be with his family," the doctor exclaimed. He certainly wasn't smiling.

It was drizzling when she finally stepped out of the hospital. She stroked her abdomen.

"There is now a tiny life growing in there. A child that belongs to Damian and me..."

She said thoughtlessly and smiled.

Her phone buzzed at that moment because she received a text message from her busband; Damian Cadogan.

"Amanda, it's raining. Kindly get me an umbrella. Here's the address"

She glanced at the address sent; it was L'Indigo Country Club.

What was this place? He had a meeting today, right?

Still, she did not question it too much and asked the Cadogans' family driver to send her to the country club.

"You may head back first," she said to the driver as soon as they arrived.

"Do I not need to wait for you, Mrs. Cadogan?"

She paused for a moment before shaking her head. "No It's fine, you don't have to. I'll wait to head home with Damian."

Since she was here for him, she would head home with him. That was what she decided after deliberating.

With that, Carter, the driver, soon drove off.

The rain had started as a drizzle, but it was now a heavy storm.

The umbrella was barely doing its job due to how heavy the rain was. She was already getting drenched.

With the weak umbrella held over her head, she walked to the entrance of the country club.

It was a luxuriously decorated golf club. And she was stopped at the door.

"I'm sorry, miss, but please show me your member card," the employee said.

She hasn't really been to the club but she has the membership card and took it everywhere with her. But apparently, her husband wasn't aware of that. He didn't know that she had a membership card.

She brought it out to show to the worker that stopped her at the door for a split second but put it back in her bag again. She realized that she didn't need to waste time in a place where she didnt want to be. So she just stood for a while, ignoring the worker. She would show him later if the need arises.

She wanted to text her husband to let him know that she had arrived but she then thought about her pregnancy report again. Plus the cold from the storm was getting into her pastel skin and she couldn't bear it any longer.

Amanda finally made up her mind, she was going to go in and surprise him with the good news!

This time around, she brought out the membership card and waved it at the workers face angrily.