Our New Year's Resolution

Jinwoo has a job that he enjoys, but the entire year he was always stressed out and he had his boyfriend to blame or better yet, ex-boyfriend.

He had enough and didn't want to continue his stupidity through the coming year so before the current year ends, he finally broke up with him. But it didn't mean immediate happiness. Many times, he had the urge to make up with the guy and hope again that he will change and be better to him. He was so in love, how can anyone understand?

Having been broken up with his ex meant their plan for New Year's Eve is down the drain. He won't admit how he planned for the event for a month and how much money he spent. He could have gone by himself, but he felt like it would be a disservice to his heart. It was better, he realized, to lose the money than lose what insufficient amount of respect he still has for himself. So instead of flying to Jejudo by himself, he decided to stay in Seoul.

It was almost two in the afternoon when he arrived at his destination. It was only thirty minutes drive from his place, but it felt like he set foot somewhere far the city. The place was a camping site, it was just a huge lot actually with many trees around. There were several tents placed at the ground adorned by smooth grass. There were also low tables and sitting pillows where guests can have their meals or conversations.

He saw on the website of the place that they have a manmade lake. It was really popular for Seoul people. If nobody cancelled their accomodations, Jinwoo won't be able to come. He thanked the person in his mind.

He first went to the reception area to check in and get his key to the caravan he rented. He would rent a tent if one was still available. The staff was kind enough to walk him to his caravan. The size was typical, there was a bed and a sitting and dining area. Outside, it had its own fire pit which can be used to grill.

Jinwoo decided his first activity will be sleeping.

Ugh. Finally. Finally, he was alone.

Mino wanted to spend the last day of the year alone. For once. It was a tiring year for him really. He always had people around him. His surroundings were always chaotic. Finally, peace and quiet.

He had been there. But not alone the last time. He was with his best friend but things went downhill between them so they fell apart. It was also during the time when he wasn't so popular yet. That movie at the beginning of this year really did it for him. It was a hit and a critically-acclaimed one, he even won an award outside Korea.

He just really wanted to breathe. Of course, he was thankful for his luck and everyone who supported him. But at times, the attention can be suffocating.

He couldn't afford to go somewhere far, good thing the campsite was in Seoul. There were a lot of people, but they were busy doing their things to care about a weird looking guy wearing a mask, shades and a fedora. Better be careful.

The staff said they would walk him to his caravan but he insisted he can find it on his own, the staff would insist back had not a guest came to inquire about something.

"Oh, it isn't locked." Mino kept the key to his pocket and went inside the caravan, ready to retire to bed. "Oh!" Only there was someone occupying the said bed.

Jinwoo hadn't been a light sleeper. He believed he works hard so it's natural that he sleeps hard. And yet, an unknown presence not making any sound at all woke him up that day.

He opened his deer eyes to a stranger inside his caravan. The stranger had his mouth agape, and one of his arms raised in midair. Also, he wasn't moving.

"Who are you?" His voice came out a little raspy, he hasn't been talking a lot that day and he just woke up from a nap. He sat up and tried to fix his disheveled hair.