A Debt Paid In Full

Midnight Ride: A backpack Spinoff.

I don't own Naruto.

Trigger warning. Needles and mentions of previous drug use.

Madara saved Hinata from Toneri, but at what cost? He was currently on his way to the E.R. with a multitude of stab wounds to his arm, shoulder and back. They were deep enough to cause him trouble moving his arm, not that he wanted to because it hurt. He didn't know if he would ever ride again after this, and he figured that hurt more than the physical pain he was enduring. It wasn't that he was worried about being able to ride in all honesty, he was more concerned with Hinata's safety at the moment.

He looked at the man in the ambulance with him and the man was watching him intently. "What's the deal?" he asked, and the man frowned. "Not sure, you've sustained quite a bit of damage, but I've managed to stop the bleeding so that's a good thing. Looks like no internal injuries as of yet, but we have to be sure when we get to the hospital." the man said, and he frowned once more. He knew the man had questions for him.

"What happened to you, I've never seen you so banged up before. Much less in and out of consciousness like this." the man said, and he shifted on the stretcher to get more comfortable. He was face down and strapped in carefully, but he could still see the man watching over him. "I saved a friend. She had been kidnapped and I had to go find her." He said and the man frowned at him. "Why not call the police?" he asked and Madara chuckled, although pain reverberated through his being the moment he did so.

"This was personal." He said and the man sighed. "You guys are going to be the death of me." the man sighed, only for his eyes to widen slightly. "Are you talking about the girl in the other ambulance?" he asked and Madara nodded. "Yeah. How is she?" he asked, and the man frowned. "You know I can't tell you that. HIPPA man." he sighed and Madara nodded. "She should be ok though." The man reassured him, and he forced a small smile. He sure hoped she would be.

"You must love her. Taking a blade for a woman is a noble deed." the man said, and he sighed. "I care for her, but I owe a debt to her boyfriend. I can't say I love her because she will never be mine and I don't know what that honestly feels like. She's a close friend though." He said and the man frowned. "Madara..." "Don't start with me, Tenzo. It was Tobirama I owed the debt to." he said and the brown-haired man ran a hand through his hair, his black eyes slipping shut. "I see." he sighed.

The rest of the trip to the hospital was silent, but the silence was welcomed as he drifted off into the darkness once more. He was woken not long after by a woman's voice. "I need type O positive as soon as possible." the woman said, and he peered up to see a familiar face, Hashirama's cousin, Tsunade. "Hey Madara, can you hear me?" she asked, and he nodded softly. Everything hurt now that the adrenaline had finally worn off. "Good. We are going to take good care of you." She said and he nodded once more, although the pain ripping through his back made him wince.

He looked over and saw Hinata was right beside him. She was staring at him with tear filled eyes and he couldn't help but offer her a smile to try and comfort her. She reached and tucked his hair behind his ear, only to drop her hand soon after. He reached out to her weakly with his uninjured arm and she took her fingers and laced them with his gently. As soon as it had happened they disconnected, and he watched her for as long as he could before he was rolled into a bright room.

He slipped his eyes shut at the bright light and waited for the flurry of voices to stop. He listened to the Tenzo and his partner to tell them all about what had happened to him. They then carefully slid him off the stretcher and onto a more comfortable bed. It wasn't comfortable but it was more comfortable than the stretcher was. He slipped his eyes open only to close them right back as soon as he had. The light was too bright. He watched as it dimmed through his eyelids, and he managed to give a sigh of relief.