Six Fingers holding yours

You didn't know how, but you somehow convinced your mom into letting you go to the beach everyday after school.

You wanted to explore. The tide pools, the little hermit crabs, the waves crashing into the rocks bringing bits of coral with them. It was just so incredible how so much could be in this small place.

You walked home dropping your backpack at the door and headed straight to the beach. You found yourself in an almost empty patch of sand, since the holidays just ended no one cared to visit the beach right now.

You took your notebook and pen out of the satchel you always had with you and headed to the tide pools.

You carefully traversed, trying not to slip and found some sea urchins tucked into a corner.

Y/N: "Hello little guys! Dont worry i wont hurt you."

You started to sketch a small picture of the urchins, squatting down to see them better. Your sketch is interrupted by the sound of someone... screaming? You look over and see a boy missing his two front teeth running towards you and..

CRASH!!

The boy topples over you and onto the sand below.

???: "Oh my gosh Stanley are you alright?!"

You heard a voice from afar.

You hear the voice getting closer when you see a similar looking boy running towards you.

???: "Excuse me! coming through!"

You move to the side of the boy on the floor and ask him

Y/N: "Are you ok? You fell pretty hard."

The other boy helps him up

??: "Yeah im fine"

Y/N: "Im so sorry about that i should have moved out of the way."

??: "Nah its alright! I should have payed attention where i was going."

???: "Stanley! Give me back my book!"

Stanley?: "Alright fiiineee."

Ford: "Sorry about that, Im Stanford, but you can call me Ford"

You shake his outstretched hand

Y/N: "Im Y/N. And it's fine."

Ford smiles and slightly nudges the boy next to him.

Stan: "Oh sorry, Im Stan."

He shoves his hands in his pockets and stares awkwardly at the ground. Ford also does this too but he puts his hands behind his back. You stare at them in awkward silence and decide to speak up.

Y/N: "Soo... What are you doing at the beach? You dont look like you're dressed for swimming."

Stan looks up

Stan: "Oh we were just at the Stan-o-war but we got a bit distracted..."

Y/N: "Whats the Stan-o-war?"

Ford looks at you excitedly

Ford: "That's the boat we've been fixing up! We already have most of the front deck fixed up but there's still so much more!"

It seems like he could keep rambling and rambling about this boat.

Y/N: "Ooh!! Can I see?"

Ford takes your hand

Ford: "Yes! Come on quickly!"

You run behind him and you notice your hand, Technically not your hand, but Ford's hand. It feels weird to the touch. You look at his hand to see six fingers. Six beautiful fingers hugging yours.

You didn't know it, but that interaction started a whole new story that you would be part of...