003.

"Enough risking our lives for a little girl who's gone! Enough living next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us! Enough. Rick, it ain't like it was before! Now is y'all want to live, if you want to survive, you got to fight for it! I'm taking about fighting right here, right now." Shane finishes his speech by running to the barn door, breaking the locks off and banging on the door for the dead to stumble out. That's when my mind goes blank, falling onto the ground beside Carl and Lori.

     I hear Rick desperately calling out,
"no, Shane. Do not do this, brother!" Rick yells.  
"Don't do it!" Glenn yells nervously with even less control on the situation than Rick.

Maggie and her dad sobbing, no one's listening. I look up at Lori, who is pushing Carl behind her so he cant see and squeezing Danyella's hand so tightly. I squeeze my eyes shut 'till there's colour and cover my ears with my hands trying to zone everything out on my own. Only when I close my eyes do the flashbacks start again, my friends, family and everything I had that I didn't know I had until it's gone. Blinking my eyes open it's blurred shouting, guns, the dead now starting to pill out the barn towards us.

The blonde and Daryl are the first to join in with Shane, then the coloured man.
     "Maggie," Glenn asks,
She nods, "It's ok." He runs in to help. Shane shoots one of dead people the man was holding so he lets go, stepping back in front of his family.

I open my teary ears when the muffled gunshots turned to silence, it's over. About 30 people on the ground, dead, dead, dead.
behind me was footsteps and I quickly jump round at the image of one of those things from the barn creeping up behind me. Instead, was a man, old man, age of Maggie's dad or something. The confusing and disappointed on his face when he stood there.

There's shuffling in the barn once again, quiet growl, only one. When the girl comes out the barn no one shoots or even raises their gun, Shane lowered his.

"Older than you, short brown hair, rainbow shirt"
I quote Daryl in my head, the kid they're been looking for for weeks.
Her mother, the one Maggie said was Carol, runs from the back of the group to the front,
"Sophia! Sophia..." She reaches out when Daryl grabs her holding her, falling to the ground, "Sophia..." She cries, Carl sobbed into his mum's arms who looks just as shocked, gripping onto him, holding Danyella on her other side as she sobbed over her shoulder.

The kid makes her way through the bodies growling, no one's moving, not even Shane.
"Don't watch," Lori mumbles into Carl's hair then kissing Dani's hair, I looked at her through teary eyes and shaky bottom lip. She noticed me and waved her hand for me to come over so I shuffled over through the dirty, dusty path we were sat on.

Everyone sobbing, now waiting for this final shot. A kid they've been searching for for weeks, her mother there with her hopes of finding her bittersweetly in front of her. So unfair, although the dark part of my mind knows this will happen to everyone eventually it's still unfair. I wish I had my mum here to comfort me, Lori's alright and stuff but it's not the same, I want the feeling Carl and Dani have right now.

Sophia's mother and the Greene family's crying hurts, watching someone you loved shot in front of you, your family.
She pushes herself away from Daryl and ran back to the RV, I ran back to the house Lori tried to pull me back into a hug but I shrugged her away.

My ducky stuffed animal out of my backpack and head to one of the trees next to the house and climb until the ground is a blur. I need glasses badly so blurriness probably ain't that high, I guess. Trying to calm more heartbeat by breathing didn't work and cried into my hands, I just want my mummy and daddy.

"We've been out combing these woods looking for her and she was in there all along? You knew." Shane followed Hershel and his family up to their house, he's the last voice I want to hear. I grin when Maggie slaps him though, he needs to be humbled desperately,
"I mean it, off my land." Hershel says, my brows furrow, thinking about that for a second.