Intro

So, Hi everyone.

From what you read from the description, the book is about deadly games played in a school. This is the only school that plays those games in that state and each state has a similar one.

The government obviously knows about this school and actually supports it, which is why sets will be like a little out of reality, but it's in the future, of course with a little money you could make such things.

Kids aren't allowed to say anything. Otherwise, they die.
Parents aren't allowed to take the kids out after they're enrolled, so even if a parent finds out nothing can be done.
And, as I said, the government supports it, which means if you're in, you can't go out.

About the school:
It's considered a fancy private school, the best one you can find. Kids have to take a test to go in. They don't pay to go.
Kids go there from 1st grade to 12th or can join in a later year. The tests they give are physical examinations and intelligence tests because only the smarter, braver, and most athletic students can actually win and live.
The age group that competes is 9th grade, and that's why no one can join 10th-12th grade. They choose 20 kids with a draw, their life managed literally by luck. Usually, only one survives and either stays at the school or goes to an even fancier school far away. The kids that actually die are said to have gotten the scholarship that the school has said they give to 9th graders. That's why parents keep sending their children to this school, in hopes they win this scholarship and get sent to the best school in the whole world.
How does it work?
Well, they are a normal school and do all the lessons and exams. The difference is they have some extra gym classes and clubs to extend the students' intelligence, strength, stamina, etc. The draw takes place in late June after exams, and after the draw, the chosen ones have about a week to train further. After their training, they compete, and the winner has a whole celebration feast with the school's professors and government people, they get fame and some money and get huge offers from colleges or companies and even Nasa.

Of course, nothing can replace the trauma they all go through, but no one cares. Only the best can survive in their opinion.

That's all, thank you!

5/5/24