|| 𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖌𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

I sat on one of two chairs that sat opposite each other, only separated by a table. The room was again small and to my left there was a mirror-like window, probably something like black glass, stopping me from seeing whatever was on the other side. It almost made me feel like I was in a interrogation room. I gulped. Had I done something wrong? I thought, completely unsure what was going to happen. There was also a single camera in the top left corner, eyeing my every move. Me being a curious person, I thought about who could possible be on the other side, watching me patiently. 

The door suddenly opened and Mr Janson stepped through, alone. This time he did not wear his leather jacket, leaving his white turtleneck in complete view. In his right hand he held what looked like a file. 

"Hello, Dakota. It's great to see you." That Irish accent back again.

I smiled up at him as he greeted me but then thought about how he knew my name. I don't remember telling him anything about me. 

"Your probably thinking why I have asked for you. Well, I just have some questions. It won't take long."

I nodded. "Okay." Unsure what to do and what to say. I suddenly got a bit nervous as he came closer. 

He sat down opposite me and placed down the file. It surprised me when I saw the letters I knew so well on the cover. W.C.K.D. I just looked up at him searching for an explanation. 

"W.C.K.D?" I asked him. "What have they got to do with me?" 

He looked into my eyes as he answered me.

"You used to work for them, Dakota." He told me with a smile.

My mouth dropped. How could I ever work with them? After what they have done. I looked at Mr Janson to see if there was a hint of a joke but when I saw that there was none I sighed and looked down the file. 

"You want to look at it? Your file." He asked me softly.

I nodded and he slid it over. This simple action made our hands brush against each other ever so slightly. The sudden touch of his hand sent sparks into me and I moved my hand away from his, unsure about such touch. 

It had never happened to me in the glade and I can't remember anything past that so something like this I had never experienced before. I could feel his eyes on me but I tried to ignore it as I opened the file. 

"I just want to know what side you are on? I want to know if you are still working with W.C.K.D." 

I looked up, startled by his voice and confused on why he would ask me such a thing. 

"Of course not!" I sighed. "Well, I can't remember anything before the maze, so no. No I am not."

"Hmm, interesting." His face turned into a rather observing matter. It was almost like he was a predator and I were his prey. I shuffled in my position, feeling a bit overwhelmed on what was happening and what may happen. 

He looked back into my eyes. "You may go now. I will escort you to your friends and to the others." He slowly stood up from his chair.

His statement made me question him. "Wait."

He stopped in his tracks and raised his eyebrow.

"Others?"

He looked me up and down and I swore he slightly licked his lips. But he then looked away and his face softened, almost sad. "Follow me." 

I stood up and walked past him as he beckoned me to leave the room first. As we started to walk down a corridor, I almost jumped as I felt a hand on my lower back. 

Janson appeared at my side seconds later and he was close. Too close. I could feel his breath linger on my neck. I sighed and closed my eyes. It felt all to familiar. I stared at him but he was to busy looking around. A burning question arose from me.

"What are you doing?" It was almost a whisper. But he still heard it.

The question made him stop. He then looked down at me and cocked his head. Janson then removed his hand as he realized what he was doing. He turned away from me and started to move forwards in a strong stride. As we continued to walk, he cursed under his breath. To quiet for me to hear. I had then spent the rest of the journey trying to think of what he could of said. 

And I wondered whether it was something I had said or done. He had been ever so nice to me since I had arrived at this place and I certainly didn't want to upset him. Something deep inside told myself that. 

The short journey stopped at a canteen with 50 or 60 kids, chatting or eating, all happy. I then turned towards Janson, only finding a vacant spot where he stood moments before. I started to worry slightly and I didn't know why. I just felt like I should. Is he okay? I asked myself before getting interrupted by Minho moving towards me. 

"Hey Dak, we weren't the only maze." He said cheerful. 

As he led me into the abyss of teenagers and kids, I forgot the incident with Janson only moments ago. I just wanted to be happy, free from negativity.