CHAPTER 1

Kakashi's POV
For once in my life, I was feeling peace in my sleep. Sadly, that peace was short lived and quickly destroyed by the beeping of an alarm clock. After I had slapped the alarm clock violently, showered, and got dressed I proceeded to go outside for some fresh air- and a mission.

I have a half hour to get to the border of the leaf village, so I can take my time. For our mission we have to protect advanced medical cargo. This time, the "we" is not team seven. This time it's me and Iruka. I don't talk to Iruka that much, In fact I know almost nothing about him other than he is a good friend of Naruto.

Iruka has a scar across his nose, and I've always wondered where he got it from. I'm not sure if I should ask or not, because if he got it from a traumatic incident then it would make me a bad guy. I'll bring it up subtly. Iruka has beauti- I mean cinnamon hair, with milk chocolate brown eyes and tan skin.

At the border....

Irukas POV
"Yo". I turn around and see Kakashi, Naruto's current teacher, the copy ninja, the teenage ANBU leader. To think someone even considered we are in the same level is an honor. After 20 seconds of silence, I finally speak up."Oh, sorry, hello." I say, yawning after.

"When does the mission start" he asks, cluelessly. I roll my eyes and asked him if he even read the plans.

"I read the plans, just not the ones for this mission." he responds in a snarky tone. Classic Kakashi comeback. His comebacks are kind of 'let's not talk about this', but maybe that's just how he talks to me. However, I have concluded that this is going to be a long mission- in a bad way.
"Yo 'ruka", my eyes darting up from wherever they go when I'm thinking. A nickname? Rlly?
"Um, yes? K-kakashi sensei?", I knew my unforgettable stutter would bite me in ass some day.

"Can you do all the mission reports?" He asked, smiling sheepishly paired with a low quiet chuckle. I felt my face heat up, but I don't know why. It's like when Kakashi smiled it lit a fire in my stomach.

"Ok".

One day later
Me and Kakashi hid in the bushes, Kakashi severely injured after a fight with kisame and Itachi. I had watched kisame lift his blade and try to strike me, but unintentionally striking kakashis leg.

Kakashi, this famous shinobi, that barely even knows me, jumped in front of me to protect me knowing it could cost his life. The feeling again. The feeling where a fire is burning inside of me, it's either anger or love, anger with myself-how could I let this happen? And love with, well, Kakashi. I hadn't really thought about it.

Kakashi is everything a boyfriend needs to be:
-selfless
-caring
-funny
-handsome

I can't think of a better candidate in konoha.
I look down at Kakashi, all bruised and cut.
Such deep thought blocked out everything else, so I had just barely noticed Kakashi started coughing, and eventually closing his eyes. I stared at him for the next 10 minutes, not only because I am in love with him, but also because kisame and Itachi were probably waiting. I decided not to push ourselves forward and made the decision to retreat back to the leaf.
Kakashis POV
I look around, only able to move my eyes. My last memories were in..... the forest? My head hurts like shit, and all my muscles are tense. I lay back down, giving up on my goal to get the fuck out of here.

I look down at my arms and legs- caked in blood, needles, and scars. Was the fight really that bad?

I close my eyes and try to sleep- to no avail. Just as I start to dose off I hear the click of a door, and immediately try to go for my kunai.
Instincts.
As my eyes exit their glazed over state, I realize who it is. Iruka, holding a little basket with food.
"Hey Kakashi sensei, you doing all right?" He asked in a tone i have yet to hear him in. It's compassionate.
"Yea, I'm practically my same old self!" I respond, Irukas eyes softening.
"Hey, did you end up being ok after I kinda like got murdered?" I asked, mixing in a chuckle here and there.

I watched as his tan cheeks filled with another color- pink. His eyes widened and blush started to tint his nose and ears.
"Y-yea. About that, you kind of have a choice to make.", he said looking everywhere except kakashi's eyes.

"What's the choice 'Ruka?" I asked closing his eyes and placing his hands behind his back.

"The thing is, you have to live with someone of the jounin rank while you recover, and you will be able go on low tier missions. If you don't want to then you will have to recover in the hospital without any opportunities to train. You have to decide if you want to go into a jounins home and if so who." Iruka said, breathing after. That was a lot to say.

"Obviously going into a jounins home!" I reply happily, jumping up out of the hospital bed and severely regretting it when I came back down.

Iruka smiled at me. Iruka made me almost dying and having my entire life ruined some sort of happy occasion for both of us.

"Well, who are you going to be with?"he asked, tilting his head. I pondered it, not sure how much I should really care.
"Idk, what if the other jounins hate me?" I ask.

Iruka lifts his hand and scratches the back of his neck. The blush returns as he mutters something I couldn't hear.
"What'd you say?"
Iruka looked me in the eye and said "you can come stay with me...."

I must admit, even I probably blushed after I aid yes ecstatically. Irukas going to go help me pack tomorrow, and then I'll go to his house. Now I see why Naruto loves Iruka.

I think I do too.
–———————————————————————
1044 words. Kinda of a lazy chapter😭. English is not my firsts language so ignore some of the grammar and spelling mistakes✋ love you all and thx for reading❤️❤️❤️