I

It was another day at Wilcity High School, and the students were eagerly awaiting the bell to ring for the break. As soon as the bell rang, the students rushed out of the classrooms. While walking, one of the students called out to Viviette, "Hey, can you buy us some milkshakes?"

Viviette nervously replied, "I'm sorry, but I don't have enough money on me. Besides, I need it for my bus fare back home."

The other student then said mockingly, "Look at that rich bitch. Her parents are millionaires, yet she can't even afford five milkshakes and goes by bus. You know what happens, right, Viviette?"

Viviette felt a cold shudder as she imagined everything that they could do to her. "Fine. I'll buy it," she said, almost in tears.

That evening, Vivi was late again, as she had to do the cleaning duty for others too. After locking all the classroom doors, she came out and turned around the corner, where Maddie suddenly jumped right in front of her, screaming. Vivi stepped back in fright.

"Haha! Look who's here, our little mouse," said Maddie, as she put her arm around Vivi's shoulder. "We were eagerly waiting to play with you, you little punk."

Vivi had a petrified look on her face as Maddie dragged her to a secluded place near the school. "I heard that you've been planning to report our activities to the teachers," Maddie said. Vivi shook her head to say no.

"You seem like you need to learn a lesson," said Maddie's companion. She reached into Vivi's bag and pulled out her rabbit keychain, knowing it meant a lot to her.

"No, please don't take that. I'll give you all the money I have and all I will get after, but just don't take that!" Vivi said, her heart pounding.

"Aww, look at her pleading," Maddie said, and all the bullies laughed at her. "I'm going to keep it with myself for now until you fulfill all our wishes," Maddie added, with a smirk on her face. Vivi couldn't let the gift given by her older sister be taken, so she tried to snatch it from Maddie.

Maddie was furious and punched her. "Acting very brave, huh?" she said, pulling Vivi's hair. The other girl joined in and kicked Vivi too. They enjoyed causing hardships for Viviette. Vivi cried, asking them to stop, but they didn't until they were satisfied. They left her alone in the secluded area and went back to their homes.

 They left her alone in the secluded area and went back to their homes

Vivi was badly hurt. She had bruises on her leg and her stomach hurt. She got up to walk back home. "Ugh I can't even take the bus, I need to walk", she mumbled. 

She was limping but kept walking. She came up to a bridge with a river underneath. It was quite late now so there was no one around. 

Vivi walked up to the railing of the bridge and looked into the water. Tears came to her eyes. "Why am I even alive? I suffer all day even though I try my best. Why can't I live a happy life like others? Do I not deserve love?" Vivi was shaking. Her legs felt weak. 

She began climbing the railing. She stood there, looking at the water thinking about all the things she could've done if only her life was better. She breathed in and was just about to jump when someone pulled her from behind. 

She fell into the hands of someone who held her tight. Vivi felt dizzy and couldn't even hear what was being said to her and fell unconscious in the hands of the stranger.