intro : Harriet Winston

Don't forget to vote and leave comments..

◉⁠‿⁠◉

Author's pov

      Nori and Elsie were dragging Harriet to the cafeteria of their university to celebrate but Harriet was reluctant to have any celebration.

     " Come on Harriet, don't be a spoiled sport you topped the university again . "

    " Yes a little celebration won't hurt.. " Elsie said rolling her eyes and Harriet gave into her friends demand.

    All the three girls went to the cafeteria and took their table, Harriet ordered snacks and pastery for her friends... As they were enjoying their pastry Elsie  noticed something was off with Harriet.

    " Harriet come on spill, what's wrong with you..!? " she asked keeping her food aside, her serious expression told that she wanted to know and was very serious which made Harriet sigh deeply.

    " You guys already know.. "

    " Is it again your nasty family..!? " Nori  asked and Elsie hit her arms as Harriet got sadder...

   " Nori watch your mouth, they are still her family."

    " Harriet what is it this time...!? "

    " It's not that serious, it's just they want me to move back to Italy and live with them. " Harriet said with a sigh.

    " What do you think, I mean what will you do now..!? "

    " Whatever I am not going to live with them maybe I will just visit them for few days and come back to Japan..! "

    " That's better.. " Nori and Elsie approved of her idea.

    The two left for their joint apartment and Harriet went back to her dorm... She packed few of her clothes in a small bag and sat on the bed thinking about her family whom she was going to meet after 2 years..

    Harriet's family consist of her Father Blake Winston her mother Susan Winston and an elder brother Dean.

    The family of four was happy until Harriet on her 18th birthday found out that her father and elder brother work for the mafias...

    Her family adored her and kept her away from the shady business... Blake and Susan had Dean after two years of their marriage and almost after 8 years Harriet was born, she became the light of their life but everything fell into dark alley when she left for Japan on scholarship for her studies and sworn to not see her family until they stop working for the mafias... Unfortunately it wasn't possible as Blake and Dean were into the Mafia shit for their life and living the mafia means death...

     Harriet missed her family too and finally she was returning to Italy after 2 years...

     It was a long flight and she was tired, but as soon as she came out of the airport with her bag she was embraced in tight hugs... she wrapped her arms around her father and brother's back and tapped them gently. Both of them straighten and looked at her with bright smile which Harriet returned not so brightly.

    " Let's go princess, your mom is eagerly waiting for you..! " Said her dad and took her to the car.

    After 20 minutes of drive Harriet reached her home, her lips stretched into a sweet smile remembering her childhood memories and the good times she spend with her family back then.

   " Come princess.. " Dean took her to the door and asked her to ring the door bell, she was confused but did as he said and her mom opened the door taking her into a warm hug. Harriet hugged her mom back and moved inside when suddenly something burst and there were shimmers all around.

     Harriet looked around her living room and saw all her friends and family members singing happy birthday song for her.... It was her 21st birthday which she herself forgot.

     " I wish all the happiness in the world for you.. " Blake Winston said and kissed her forehead.

    " I wish and will make sure you always stay happy kiddo.. " Dean said hugging Harriet to his chest .

   " God stop getting emotional... Harriet baby blow the candles and cut the cake. " Susan Winston said and Harriet nodded.

    They all enjoyed and celebrated Harriet's 21st birthday happily and the party went on till late night.

     After the party finished Harriet excused herself and went to her bedroom to rest... She went to the bathroom and relaxed herself in the bathtub and due to tiredness she fell asleep in the tub. After an hours when she woke up she hurriedly got out and cuddled with her teddy bear under a warm blanket.

    Next day she woke up with a minor headache and went downstairs for breakfast... Her father and mother were busy in cooking special breakfast for their princess and Dean was working on his laptop on the dining table but kept it aside as he saw Harriet coming...

    Harriet took her seat and wished her brother morning..

    " Did you sleep well princess..!? " He asked her and she just nodded.

    During the whole breakfast time only the three talked and Harriet just answered in a single word or a nod, they were getting upset as back then she used to never shut up until Susan scolded her but now she was barely talking to them which didn't sit right with Blake.

    " Princess please what is it tell your dad, are you having any problem in your university or is someone troubling you there..!? " He asked with concern.

    " No, I am fine.. " she answered with a straight face.

    " You were never like this princess, there is something. You can share it with us. " Dean assured her.

    " I told y'all there's no problem with me, it's just that I have to go back day after tomorrow.. "

    " What..!!!?? But you said you would atleast stay for two weeks. "

    " I can't, I feel suffocated here. You both cannot leave mafia and now I can't live in this house... " Saying that she left for her bedroom.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

   Hope you like the chapter..

_Chris💛