THREE.

You didn't understand why Daichi had made such a big fuss over just a measly snake bite. Yes, it was technically poisonous, but in the grand scheme of things, why did that matter? You were immune to poison, and thus you weren't affected by it. Daichi hadn't asked you to remove the snake from your pocket, and you hoped he wouldn't. Terry the Snake was pretty cute.

"Everyone knows entering the forest is dangerous," The nurse reprimanded you, "what possessed you to enter? You're lucky the wound isn't too big, or we would have had to send you to the hospital."

While the Daisei Institution had one of the finest medical facilities, with top tier equipment and professional care, you supposed a poisonous snake bite would require more than that. You wiggled your ankle, making the nurse berate you further.

"[Name]! Stop moving your leg, I'm trying to bandage it."

"My mom said airing a wound would be better," you said off-handedly, "the last time she sustained some wound to her head, she didn't do anything to it. She got blood all over the floor, but—"

"Stop—!" The nurse closed her eyes, "your family must be a peculiar bunch."

"Hm? Well, they are slightly weirder than average. I'm the only normal one in my family," you deadpanned, "I wonder how my mother's doing. She went bungee jumping, apparently."

Normal one? The nurse sweatdropped, any student who is so nonchalant about a poisonous snake bite isn't normal, he's crazy! She had seen students whining about twisted ankles, about mere scratches, but in her whole life, Sayuka had never once seen a student walk in from the forest covered in twigs and branches—accompanied by the president.

"Ah, bungee jumping," Sayuka said at last, hoping this conversation would somewhat steer to a normal one, "I went before. Quite a delightful experience. I nearly died, when I almost jumped off when the rope had yet to attach—"

Ding! Your phone buzzed. You furrowed your eyebrows as you checked it.

It was your mom. She was now in his hospital for a broken bone. Wait, correction: broken bones. Knew it, you thought, your mother was the kind who made frequent visits to the hospital. She was practically a VIP member; and currently you were swimming in money thanks to the many insurances she had covered.

"Oh, my mother went bungee jumping without the rope," you shrugged. "She's in the hospital now."

"What?"

"What?" You stared back at the nurse.

"She went without the rope? Is she suicidal?" Sayuka stared, aghast. "What in the world...?"

"No?" You tilted your head, "well, yes, she's a little weird."

I think she's more than weird, Sayuka sweatdropped.

"Oh, and she says Terry is cute." You read her messages aloud. You had taken a picture of the snake, and while your mother had been a little miffed that it wasn't a crocodile, she had said your little pet was plenty cute.

"Terry...?" Sayuka was confused.

You dug around in your pocket, casually bringing the snake out. It seemed to have reflected on its less than stellar actions, and was pretty tame. Terry curled around on your hand, flicking out its tongue. You could see the fangs glimmering, and its eyes taking in the sight of the nurse.

Sayuka gave a wild little scream, stumbling back. She knocked over a few chairs in the process, causing Daichi to rush back in.

"Is there anyone—oh." He paused. "My apologies, Madam. It seems that [Name] has forgotten to inform you that he kept the snake."