Part 1

New Year's Eve

"Where is my phone?! We are suppose to meet the boys for coffee in 5 mins and I can't find it!" I say while frantically searching for my phone.

"They are probably ringing me to say they are close"

I look for Layla, I hear her rummaging around in the kitchen. She pops her head out from the kitchen.

'Found it!'

I lift my hands and do little round of applause.

'Drama over let's get going' grabbing my house keys and locking the door behind us. We walk towards the van and the boys are all waiting in the van, Josh, Jake, Sam and Danny. Josh looks sick of waiting as he taps his fingers on the wheel, Jake is in the back of the van and his face turns into a wide grin happy to see Layla, Sam is sitting passenger side with his eyes closed head back and one arm hanging out the window with a cigarette appearing to be taking in the sun rays and Danny looks excited to see us gesturing a hand to hurry and jump into the back of the van.

This van is what has gotten around the last few years, the boys have a car too but this is just for casual driving around. It's a dusty blue colour and has no seats in the back so we drilled handles onto the back of the van to hold onto when driving about, there is a sliding door at the side and a double door that opens at the back.

We jump in the side door to the back of the van with Danny and Jake. Layla jumps straight into Jakes arms and he lifts her into the van, I jump in after and lazily drop myself down next to Danny bumping shoulders as I fall onto him, he laughs and bumps my shoulder back.

I position myself and grab a handle and look towards the front of the van where Josh and Sam are sitting.
"Thanks for picking us up Josh! Sorry for the wait"

"No problem, I bet you couldn't find your phone that's what took so long" he turns his head to me with a big toothy grin.

Layla lets out a laugh "That's exactly what happened"

Danny chimes in nudging me "You'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders"

"Ha ha hilarious I'm forgetful, so what are our plans this evening?'

"We are thinking of just having a small party at ours, our parents are away for the week" Josh calls back

Josh, Jake and Sam Kiska are all brothers.

Josh and Jake are twins they are 20 and Sam is 19 Danny met Sam first since they were in the same year at school they became friends around 11 years old. I've been friends with Danny since I moved here, we were always in the same class since we were 6 years old he is my best friend. Then I met Sam through Danny and the same with Josh and Jake we've all been really close from 14 onwards. They all play music together in the kiska's garage and occasionally do gigs locally, they are extremely talented.

"Party at ours sounds like the best plan, we can get a fire going outside, play some music just invite a good crowd of people. I don't want to have to clean everything up after everyone tomorrow as I'm always left to it" Jake calls out.

Jake was the responsible one he kept the boys in line when things started to get out of hand he acted as the older brother even though Josh and him were born minutes apart.

Layla and Jake had been going out with each other for 4 years, give or take as it was all very innocent to start off but they took things slow and it worked out for the best they are the most functioning and happy couple I know.

Layla is my other best friend she is so confident and sure of herself, I admire her so much and how she goes about life, we met at around 12.

Layla says that I am like the glue that holds this group together i'm brutally honest and good at smoothing things over, I am also friends with all of them individually. I introduced her to the guys when we were 15 and she and Jake just gravitated to eachother instantly.